Sign in to follow this  
livinloudgraphics

looking to purchase

Things are looking interesting this year, And i would like to purchase more equipment looking to upgrade my cutter soon.But at this point (knock on wood) its been going great only thing is on bigger signs and such it will lose memory or whatnot and stop. So that being said i am thinking of doing a few upgrades. With my new building being setup within the next month or two i would like to add 

a heat press

embroidery machine

a nice printer to do business cards, flyers etc

and a better plotter to ensure bigger and better quality signs without memory issues

or just save up some extra and get a printer/plotter but im more familiar with my flexi that anything ive came across yet today seems easier to me than some softwares

i have a creation 24 in pcut with flexi 8.1  now and within the last few years it has paid for itself over and over however i dont want to just get rid of it and not use it anymore but instead use it on smaller jobs that i do.

As a start what would you recommend as a next level vinyl cutter who started with little to none knowledge for this work as equipment wise? As im getting better with time and more efforts into how things are done, i work like to see my hard earned hobby turn into a small business for myself.

Your next step up from a P-Cut might as well be to a servo machine which IMO you might as well spend the few extra hundred and get a Graphtec. This coming from a guy who is running a Summa which I totally love but I also have no qualms about spending money and the Summa costs considerably more than a CE model Graphtec. If you are looking to the future then getting a truly good product crosses that completely off your list until you wear it out otherwise you just bump it down the road a couple years and will be wanting another one when you might otherwise have been getting saved up for that Embroidery machine. (very freaking expensive they are, says Yoda)

what goose said - if you want to make an intermediate stop on the way to the graphtec get a titan2  the time and material you save will be the first thing that makes an impression on you.  ask our old (former) servo skeptic John about his and if it was a good investment

• Like 1

I am in the same boat as you, looking to upgrade my creation pcut I have had for about 7 years now. I hear lots of great things from people about Graphtec. Actually, I might get one in the mail tomorrow =)

• Like 2

Here is where i stand i bought a old sign shop about 4-5 years ago. the disk for the software (along with others) was in the cd pack, so i installed and been using ever since i get upgrades if need be. Would it work with any cutter on the market as i look into the setup it seems most would from the list. as i owned one cutter and it wouldnt work because of the plug i had. i mainly use usb for my computer to whatever converter i need. thinking of doing a desktop computer with a serial port would it be best on the memory part or what? 

If you end up stepping up to a Graphtec I'l pretty sure you will be able to stick with the Flexi 8.1. They (Graphtec) also have some cutting software that you can download and use just to cut but I don't know much about it. Lots of folks use it though. I don't know about the Titan.