Sign in to follow this  
outlaws

Inks

Just curious, if one bought the Ricoh printer how long do the ink cartridges last? I am torn since I wouldn't be using this as often as some of ya'll. If I was to go with the Epson it would need constant attention to keep from clogging. I know the cost of replacement cartridges is higher on the Ricoh but with less chance of messing the print heads up. You see I am not at home a lot these days but I still want to increase my equipment for my little side business.

Thanks, Butch

thats the reason I am on my second ricoh - less worries about clogging.  I will go a couple months without using it quite often.  first one lasted about 5 years - then I downsized as the only things I did with the big one is photo throws and an occasional cutting board

• Like 1

with the epson I just print a test page every week or more. I havent used mines in about 1 month till the other day. simple head clean amd I was good. refillable ink cartridges is a must. I buy 180ml sub ink from inkpro2day.com $15.00 so a little ink aint nothing.

I went with the Epson because I wanted large format printing capabilities and the big Ricoh is just over the top for something that I will not be using that much. I spent $200 on the Epson printer that will print 13"x 19" The ink cartridges  are simple to move to another machine. If I start having problems with this machine I'll throw it away and get another and move my ink over and be fine.  There is a lot more support information for the Ricoh from Conde but so far I'm getting by with what is out there.