louis clarke ii

Table top etch... Compass Rose

Looks great! I've been wanting to do the same with my living room end table top but with a mil dot reticle.

• Like 1

Real Nice but I bet it was a pain in the ... with the air eraser filling it up so often but nice perseverance in completing it!

Butch 

rlvied this is for you. How can I get a deeper cut? What do I need to use for a blaster and type media. What is the best stencil material to use. I'm using 651 and you can blow it out if you are not careful.

Thanks, Louis

If you were to use a siphon gun and AO it would go way faster. I use a crushed porcelain that started out as 100 grit. It's probably getting down in the 180 size now getting recycled though the cabinet but I could blast that table in probably 5 minutes and you would feel the edges of the etch with your finger nail.  I have never tried my gun outside the cabinet to see just how messy it would be but outdoors you could certainly just use the gun and a bucket of garnet sand or find something like I did with the recycled toilets. If you go that route just beware of silica dust without a respirator and be sure to protect your clothing too so you don't take it back in your house. Silicosis is a real safety issue and I always try to point that out because a $3 bag of regular sand is very tempting to the hapless new sandblaster.