gcextreme

Bit the Bullet and bought a new desktop pc.

Ok, I have been running the same computer since college 2004, an old Dell Dimension 8300 2.8GHZ P3, with 1GB Ram and 40GB and 120GB hard drives, with Windows XP Pro.

It was time to upgrade.

I got a BestBuy card and got 12 months no interest free financing, and got a new CYBERPOWER PC Supreme Gaming Desktop SLC7000 model.

Specs are as follows:

AMD Vishera FX-9370 Processor with AMD Radeon R9 270X graphics card, 
16GB DDR3 SDRAM expandable to 32GB. 
120GB Solid State Drive and a 2TB HD. 

Has Windows 8.1

It's Liquid and Air Cooled as well.

4288031_sa_zpsitqxlnhb.jpeg

I probably could have built one for less, but time is a valuable expense too. Plus its easier to write the whole big purchase off for taxes than many small parts purchases.

I have 3 flatscreen monitors that will be hooking up to it eventually. 

Gotta get all my software installed on it and transfer my website and cutting files over.

I have been going back and forth between my old dell desktop and a cheap dell d610 laptop that i use for cutting.

So my plan is to use the new desktop for designing, and keep the laptop clean for just hooking up to the cutter for cutting.

All my files will be stored on and accessible they my home based cloud network, so i can easily get to them using the laptop.

• Like 4

you had me till the windows 8.1    everything else I like but would rather poker my eyes with a hot poker than go back to windows 8 anything   :(

I bought a new laptop with Windows 8 and I agree with Dakota. I'm planning to install Vista on it instead.

Wow, what do you guys not like about Win 8? The start up screen? There is a simple fix for that. You can download a free program to make it look and act like Windows 7.

Yeah but it has the Desktop setup option too so its not that bad...but i will miss my XP Pro.

That thing is totally impressive, I mean, it's STUNNING.

I hope you have a place for it where anyone catches a view of it as they walk into the room!

• Like 1

Yep. Ive read good reviews and bad reviews about it..but u have that with everything.

For what im going to be using it for, it will be more than enough.

20150225_202938_zps09lpfkye.jpg

I had a couple people I really like lately buy from hp before they quit selling systems with windows 7 - hoping 10 will be more like 7. the start screen is just part of it as I am too used to navigating around int he old system.  I know of 2 more people that are going to buy windows 7 os and install it on computers that came with 8 cause they find it harder to navigate around also.

but if you like it that is all that really matters

Thanks.

Got 12 months no interest to pay it off, but once I get my tax return back soon, i will pay half of it off, then will have about 10 months to pay the other $600 half off. Thats $60 a month, easy to do.

:rolleyes: 

ohhhhh look at all the pretty lights!

LOL

• Like 1

I don't know why everyone hates windows 8.1 so much. Windows 8 was a pain in the arse but I really enjoy the 8.1 update. I really like that you can hit the tiles screen and just start typing for what you want and bam there it is in the side bar. I will agree that the tiles screen is a big waste because I never use it. Boots straight to the desktop. Only time for tiles is when I am searching.

And more good news, my state tax return just came in today!! wow that was fast, less then a week after submitting it.

So come monday i will make a nice payment on the bestbuy card..probably $300. then another $300 when i get my federal taxes back.

• Like 1

Also, on a negative note, had one of them pesky plastic release/catch snap tabs on the top vent cover of the tower break on me!!! ARRGHH pisses me off!

Anyway, after calling their sales support line, and emailing one of their guys, gave them the info and a pic, and they are mailing me a brand new cover...so thats a plus for their support.

20150225_205627_zpsndx9rzbm.jpg

• Like 1

Bump.

Started building my new computer work bench.

Got alot of it done.

Gotta do some shelves on the bottom for the towers to go, then a riser shelf for the printer right where the towers currently are.

So hopefully I will finish it up this week.

Im still dealing with healing from having my tonsils removed.

Got one large order for 30 6x6 decals, and another larger order of 30 decals,(10 3x8, 10 12x4.5, and 10 15x5.5)

$150 for the first 30 order. And $220 for the second order set.

So at this rate i should have the pc paid off in no time.

20150301_161303_zpszi5hfopp.jpg

• Like 1

Nice upgrade! Wait you guys dont like Windows 8? I run that on my Surface Pro 3 and I like it...for what it is. Im a Mac guy though  ;D and do just about everything on my 27" iMac

Nice upgrade! Wait you guys dont like Windows 8? I run that on my Surface Pro 3 and I like it...for what it is. Im a Mac guy though  ;D and do just about everything on my 27" iMac

Take away the touch screen and see if you still like it.

• Like 2

just parted out my mac - most I ever enjoyed that unit!  parts are worth 4 times the whole and less aggravating :D    I love the ipad and wifes iphone but the puter not so much 

I had to build my own a couple years back and of course, install windows 7.  It's a gaming PC but I also use it for vinyl stuff on the side in my free time.  I justify all my "upgrades" because I need them for my vinyl stuff....lol.  Anyway, nice addition!