waynerp

Cretion PCut CT-630 not cutting

Hi All.

I am a total newbie in vinyl cutters & plotters.

To get an understanding of the software and hardware i have purchased a Creation PCut CT-630

My intention was to use it with a newer operating system with a USB cable, and have tried countless times and failed.

So i am using an older PC with a parallel port running on Windows 7 32bit

I understand that no drivers are needed with the parallel  cable.. correct?

The plotter came with Artcut software 2005 which i initially setup to test. The plotter worked fine with no problems, but the software is very limited, so after looking at some forums i have installed signblazer.

I have been practising but when the plotter goes to cut, it goes through the motions but the blade does not come down to cut the shape / text.

Its driving me crazy so i was hoping someone might be able to help out.

i have read through the manual which doesnt really help me.

Any suggestions much apppreciated

thanks

Wayne

thinking maybe your UK cutter might use a different chipset than the us version - try the roland pnc-1000 driver in signblazer and see if that cuts

did your version of signblazer show that exact model of cutter or just the us version which is a slightly different model?

Hi

Yes it has the CT630.

I think it could be something else. i have just tried the plotter again with the artcut software, and the cutter/blade part isnt moving down as well, so i guess it might be that part that might be faulty.

Weird as it was fine when i first tried it.

is it common for that part to fail ?

Hi

Do you know if it is likely that the blade  part can fail, the part that moves up and down?

many thanks

Please i have pcut630 verry old but i have not nor cd logiciel nor cable parallèle you help me how does it work and what cable i buy and what their driver

Does it have a USB port? I ran my P-Cut successfully with a regular USB from a windows 7 computer. You are going to need some cutting software. Try downloading the free 7 day trial of SignCut Pro. They will have your machine in the system and at least you can get up and running and then decide what direction to go. There are some other options like the free Signblazer here on the forum but it is an older abandoned software and you might want to be sure everything is working before delving into something like that. 

like goose said the usb worked for me with the addition of the ftdi drivers installed for that convresion chipset but that is for the US version - not sure which particular version you have in Tunisia 

hi, ive just bought a cr630 PCUT ... it came with no drivers, i have tried downloading the drivers online but my laptop is not finding anything to do with the plotter, im new to this so it may be me but im lost and could do with some much needed advice please ? thank you so much

hi, ive just bought a cr630 PCUT ... it came with no drivers, i have tried downloading the drivers online but my laptop is not finding anything to do with the plotter, im new to this so it may be me but im lost and could do with some much needed advice please ? thank you so much

You started a new thread with this ---  let's try to remain in that one, OK?

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/50216-creation-cr630-drivers/?p=405916