VinylRevamp

shipping question

Not sure if this can be answered but would anyone know (more or less) what would be the weight of a box with 31 shirts in it. Not expecting an exact answer but you guys have more experience than i do so someone might know.

Thanks!!

If you can squeeze them into a USPS Priority Flat Rate large box, it will cost $17.90

Sanmar lists shipping weight for 1 xl tee at .57 lbs. which is 17.67 so I'd say around 20 lbs with the packaging to be safe.

A potential customer asked how much would be the cheapest shipping. I need to figure out how much for parcel post.

×You would think me working for the post office i would know the answer lol

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="xpaperman" data-cid="386693" data-time="1424825200"><p>

I also use a shipping app on my phone..... nice tool</p></blockquote>

??

calculates shipping costs on the fly!  All you need is from and to zip codes and of course weight.  When talking with a customer you can guess at weight and give them a for example or approximate price of course informing them the it might be a little more or less depending on actual weight.  

Of course the app I am talking about is the one from the USPS.  Pretty handy, but I am sure you already knew that   ;)

I had to reread that also I thought there was an app for the phone where you place the item on the phone and it gives you the weight dang. I was ready to buy that app lol.

• Like 2

The post office app does have a scale!  You buy it separate and it plugs into your phone or blue tooth or something.... I forget it has been awhile since I looked at it cause I think it is like 99 bucks and I don't do much shipping so, not for me.

http://ebay.com/itm/221009168217?

I bought an Accuteck 70-85 lb scale from this seller and it was one of the best investments I have made. It's paid for itself multiple times in the postage I have saved. The accuracy is within .2 oz of the post offices scale. Much easier and accurate then wrapping a string around a box and using a luggage scale. (which is what i did before)

The only downside was the torn and beat up flat rate envelope the scales box was stuffed in when it was delivered. But for the price it's hard to beat.

It's been great for 2 oz first class packages all the way up to a 68 lb box.

• Like 1