outlaws

Help Please

I am trying to vectorize this image and I am losing the "scarf and Yamaka" part of the drawing. I am trying to do this for a young ladies bat mitzvah and am not charging anything for my work.  Just wondering if I am doing something wrong never had such a problem with this before. I tried in VM4 and Inkscape same results.

post-84978-0-95113900-1424798555_thumb.j

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance,

Butch

The design was originally hand drawn by the middle sister for the younger sister's bat-mitzvah. Thus the reason to duplicate by a trace.

I believe madhatter was talking about redraw/manual trace vs an automatic trace. Manual trace is what I did. You bring the image into your program then use it as a guide to redraw it. In this one I started with the round part of the anchor, just made simple circles and placed them over the original graphic to get size and location. Then drew some lines for the anchor and then node edited them to get them to match up with the original. Then did the same for the scarf yamaka. Great think about vector drawing you only have to get the initial line close, then you can node edit to get everything exactly where you want/need

• Like 1

darc that's exactly what I meant, outlaw I should have said it more clearer.

No sweat! I did think that was what you meant but did not take any offense. I know everyone is trying to help so I am appreciative of this. 

Thanks again everyone! 

Butch