Sign in to follow this  
hagen8492

Help Please

Can someone please help me get this in eps format?  I am having trouble for some reason and haven't quite mastered it.  Thank you.

post-7247-0-88322900-1424749590_thumb.jp

Vectorizing letters doesn't turn out very well, it would be best to recreate from scratch with the same font. You can vectorize the "ECB" part but it will need lots of node editing for it to look decent.

You could redraw "ECB" fairly easily, it is just some squares and curves.  

• Like 1

That's a great learning piece. If you were a hobbyist I might just do it to help you out but that is clearly something for a business. If you are going to be doing this for money it's time to learn to do it yourself. Import the pic into whatever design software you are using and if you know how, reduce the opacity a bit to like 50% then lock that layer. Now you can write the text right over the top of the existing and find the font or a similar one and enlarge, stretch and adjust the learning until you get it just right and then convert to outlines (if your software needs you to. Like mb20 mentioned the ECB are just some boxes and circles that would actually be fun to build. Once you do a few they get easier and very enjoyable. It's therapeutic. I would be able to knock that out in about 15 minutes maybe 20 if I have trouble finding the font and have to do modifications to something similar, see how you do and if you get stumped post the problem. 

• Like 2

Wow, so much knowledge and help in just 2 simple posts!  Nice walk through goose!  (I think i even learned something.... going to check it out now.  Might save me a little time versus how I currently do it)

Ah heck here is another since everyone is in that kind of mood. I'd say mine is pretty much a match. Some of the font work was more active than you normally see so it's still about a perfect practice piece. 

ECB .eps

ECB .svg

Thank you all.  I appreciate it.  Normally don't have the problems but I will still mess with it to try and figure it out but at least I have it so I can finish this for them.