Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

ebay issues

we have been saying this for years = good read for ebay sellers

"it seems worth noting here that even though buyer fraud is such a common problem, eBay doesn't allow sellers to warn their colleagues about buyers who commit fraud - sellers are only allowed to leave positive feedback for buyers, whether or not those buyers are liars."

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m02/i23/s01

• Like 1

I'm dealing with these very issues on a weekly basis. I know this has been the norm for a while now, but it still infuriates me.

Typical case of blaming the victim. We (the sellers) get screwed over with harassing emails, "no show" packages ( even when the tracking number says Delivered), charge backs, & ebay customer service cases opened against us. So when we leave negative feedback on a buyers account, now we are the a$$hole.

So ebay cuts you off at the knees and wont let you warn the other sellers that this customer is nothing but trouble.

Product of this "everyone is a winner"  generation.

I have been migrating to Amazon and having a much less stress than on ebay.

• Like 1

I think it is time for someone to step up and start a new/improved "Ebay" and go head to head.  I am sure they are doing what they are doing to protect their interest..... what do they do?  They make money from sales!  They don't want to do anything to discourage the buyers.  That hits them in their pockets.  Until sellers start going elsewhere in large numbers, they won't do anything.

• Like 2

I think it is time for someone to step up and start a new/improved "Ebay" and go head to head.  I am sure they are doing what they are doing to protect their interest..... what do they do?  They make money from sales!  They don't want to do anything to discourage the buyers.  That hits them in their pockets.  Until sellers start going elsewhere in large numbers, they won't do anything.

been saying that for years - always figured it would be google to start the rival but hasn't happened

• Like 1

I have had my ads up on several other auction/selling sites since 2009,  and can't sell anything....couple of items a year

• Like 1

One would imagine that Facebook could easily initiate an internet sales & bidding program, with their over-a-billion registered users.

I mean, EchoBay started from humble beginnings (well, it never officially became EchoBay online since that domain was already taken when Pierre Omidyar tried to register it) -----  AuctionWeb had ONE employee, Chris Agarpao, who handled the checks that were mailed in.

Facebook is perfectly positioned today to enter that market with their own auction site.

I hope they do.

• Like 1

One would imagine that Facebook could easily initiate an internet sales & bidding program, with their over-a-billion registered users.

Yup I agree and as Carolyn said I have tried others but it cant compete with ebay , although I do pretty good on etsy

heck I can't get a sale on etsy - thinking of shutting that down again

Etsy is great during the holidays. I just sell mugs there. average maybe 7-10 sales a week, but come Christmas, I had 1100 sales in the 6 weeks leading up to the 25th. then back to less than 10 a week until valentines day then, it was another 200 in the 2 weeks leading up to V-day.