Sign in to follow this  
DLA1234

Removable, reusable vinyl for auto applications?

Have a customer who wants large decals to decorate his escolade but for them to not be permenant.  Was thinking along the lines of the wall vinyl.  Does anyone know if this would work?  Will it stay adhered at highway speeds? And can it be reused/reapplied after it is removed?

Thanks,

Don

• Like 1

Yea make sure to use wall vinyl on a "escolade". The highways speeds will rip it right off the car when you are going faster than 1,000 mph. Tell him to keep it under 10mph.

You can remove the vinyl anytime you want and reuse it. Most likely the vinyl will stretch and tear, but is still reusable.

Applause for top question of the year.

Yea make sure to use wall vinyl on a "escolade". The highways speeds will rip it right off the car when you are going faster than 1,000 mph. Tell him to keep it under 10mph.

You can remove the vinyl anytime you want and reuse it. Most likely the vinyl will stretch and tear, but is still reusable.

Applause for top question of the year.

lol...hope those are typo's...haven't been 1000mph myself and he'll be mad if I tell him to do under 10.

thought about this also, just not sure if it's feasible with the size graphic he wants on the hood.  he was saying about pretty much whole hood sized. Thinking I will give the wall vinyl a try on my own vehicle and see how it does.  thanks for the answers.

All sarcasm aside. No vinyl will be re-usable unless it's on magnet. If you are going to install directly on the vehicle then why not bring for the proper product, Cast High Performance vinyl. (Oracle 751 or 951) The cost of the vinyl is a bit more but usually not the big expense on a job like this. Don't be one of "Those Guys" doing crap work and you will keep your customer long term. Sometimes you have to steer your customers in the right direction. I would just tell him it will be virtually the same cost to go with the right product as it would be to go with the indoor. If this was for one day in a parade or something then I guess MAYBE it would be the way to go but installation may actually be more challenging depending on the vehicle. You can remove permanent vinyl just about as easy as anything it's just designed to stay there longer. 

• Like 2