security802

Anyone use one of these?

Don't know why (maybe it's the post title?) but, that thing makes me think of Uncle Rico's Time Machine from 'Napoleon Dynamite'.

post-43059-0-06252300-1424565230_thumb.j

• Like 2

Looking for an engraver, and came across this. Seen a bunch of youtubes with em being used. Looks Ok for a starter to do laser engraving

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40W-Mini-CO2-Laser-Engraver-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-CorelLASER-LaserDRW-/191076124205?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6393

I looked at these a while back - my big concern is what happens when something goes wrong?

Who are you going to be able to contact for tech support?

Where are you going to be able to get replacement parts?

post-24492-0-34173800-1424580174_thumb.g

I looked at these a while back - my big concern is what happens when something goes wrong?

Who are you going to be able to contact for tech support?

Where are you going to be able to get replacement parts?

I agree, I have a email int o see on replacement parts and cost of new laser tube when it does need to be replaced.

Replacement parts are available on Ebay also....Or you can upgrade to better stuff....I have one of those Ebay K40 clones but i have upgraded the entire machine with parts from LightObject.com......

post-92305-0-86672600-1429910100_thumb.j

• Like 1

I had a co-worker with one, but he kept it hidden from everyone. Makes it with colored dog tags and the laser (you choose some different fonts and font sizes) cuts out the color. Pretty durable dog tags...I think he slipped and said the machine cost him about $1,500.00

I thought if I had the money, I'd buy one, but don't really know which one it is :(

For those of you that decide to go with the Chinese laser engraver... be sure you watch this video first!

And as some folks on the thread pointing out.. this applies to US made laser engravers too!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2015 at 2:09 PM, security802 said:

Looking for an engraver, and came across this. Seen a bunch of youtubes with em being used. Looks Ok for a starter to do laser engraving

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40W-Mini-CO2-Laser-Engraver-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-CorelLASER-LaserDRW-/191076124205?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6393

Bought one this week. Very well known machines. There are K40 groups on Facebook who will help set it up and upgrade it to do larger and different tasks.