Sign in to follow this  
djque

Test Personal Mug

Just  a little test personal mug since I haven't printed a mug in a week.

post-42519-0-16219700-1424470199_thumb.j

post-42519-0-49648500-1424470254_thumb.j

post-42519-0-69047700-1424470292_thumb.j

• Like 2

I noticed you have banding in the images, most of my customers noticed this when I first started out and requested a price break. So I will just give you a heads up on this. Before you go to print go into printer preference go to the drop down menu for quality and selected either fine or quality. Once that is done find the more options tab click that and find where it says additional settings and uncheck high speed. You shouldn't have any banding.

• Like 3

I saw the banding and fixed it. I always turn off high speed printing bit for some reason it was on. Plus i always use fine or quality to. But thanks for the heads up.

When I do those steps change to fine and turn off high speed. It changes from photo to text & image. Then I check photo and it all goes back to photo and high speed. This is a Epson workforce 30. I also for some reason get a line around parts of were my paper edge lays on cup. I make sure there is no ink on my paper edge. and it always a black color. Thank any help will do. Is Text & Image that much of a different in color???

Somehow you are getting ink ,  are you using a paper cutter (I think it picks something off of the blade of the cutter) ?    If you are try cutting it with scissors, and if their is any sort of black square around the image cut it off with scissors you dont need it...It can even pick up ink off the blades of the cutter or scissors.

And once you wrap the mug make sure you are taking a piece of butcher paper and going around the image covering it.  Anytime you are doing sublimation you will learn that everything has to be super clean and spot less...

I have even got a black ink spot inside the mug so I always wipe the inside and outside of the mug with alcohol

Somehow you are getting ink ,  are you using a paper cutter (I think it picks something off of the blade of the cutter) ?    If you are try cutting it with scissors, and if their is any sort of black square around the image cut it off with scissors you dont need it...It can even pick up ink off the blades of the cutter or scissors.

And once you wrap the mug make sure you are taking a piece of butcher paper and going around the image covering it.  Anytime you are doing sublimation you will learn that everything has to be super clean and spot less...

I have even got a black ink spot inside the mug so I always wipe the inside and outside of the mug with alcohol

like  mixture of rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice and crushed ice or just amaretto      :lol:  :wacko:   I always get a little fuzzy after that part LOL

• Like 1

Yes I use scissors. To cut any black off the edges. Maybe it is on my scissors after I cut that black thin line off. I can print like 3 to a page of text-R and only the  first one will have the thin  black line. 

Somehow the ink is on something try cleaning the scissors with Scott's favorite ;D

Just for your info they don't recommend Tex Print paper for mugs , although I have used it for mugs. 

post-2057-0-08969400-1424967068_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I'll be going to DAX show in the morning and ask lots of question. I know coastal says use image right paper.  But you know its dam hard to read instruction. Not sure if Scotts favorite would work well. But it does sound very interesting.

I'll be going to DAX show in the morning and ask lots of question. I know coastal says use image right paper.  But you know its dam hard to read instruction. Not sure if Scotts favorite would work well. But it does sound very interesting.

here is the birthplace of that concoction - I highly recommend them if you are in the area

http://www.barrachina.com/courtyard.html

• Like 1