Sign in to follow this  
eddieb378

Good pics

When you guys are looking for pics to sub how do you know  what kind of quality your are getting? All this stuff I see sublimated and every time I find something like a Aztec pattern the quality is never good! How do I know if the pic is a good enough photo or big enough to do what I am needing?

Eddie what program are you printing from? You should be able to get a good feel for the image when you pull it into your software. If you have to scale it up your not going to get a good print. Even perfect sized images downloaded from the internet are not always very clean. For patterns you are better off making your own or buying a vector or an extra large pic that you actually have to shrink down to use (high-res image). . 

• Like 1

I am using corel for my sub work. I wish there was a way to tell what size a photo is before I download it! I thought the pixel count would do that but I have discovered that not to be!

Try checking sites like this one - http://www.psdgraphics.com/ - for high resolution raster images suitable for backgrounds.

Another oddball choice for decent resolution artwork are digital scrapbook clip art kits like these - http://scraporchard.com/market/Digital-Scrapbook-Kits/ - each kit usually includes several "paper" backgrounds and numerous nice pieces of clip art in transparent .PNG format.

Just make sure to read the copyright restrictions included with any clip art you download or purchase to make sure you're not violating their terms of use.