NealHenry

New guy from Texas

Been looking for a cutter for a couple of years and finally bit the bullet and bought MH series. I am having a little bit of an issue starting off. this is what it is currently doing? any clue?

20150218_114305_zpsrmiqbqwc.jpg

this is suppose to be a dolphin 

Windows 8 

up to date driver

Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro

There could be several issues and I am sure one of the folks here will help ya figure it out.

To me, it Kinda looks like a bad starting image.   Look at that dolphin on you computer in Outline or Wire frame.  Zoom in on those lines and see if they actually look like that.

I guess It might also be static....

I suggest taking a closer look at the image first like I mentioned and make sure we are at least starting out with a good one.

Looks to me like the rollers are not gripping well enough and after a certain point not moving the paper at all so all you get is the side to side motion.

The good lines that it did draw look pretty jagged. Like xpaperman said, check your drawing, is it jagged like that, if not, I'd try slowing down the cutter speed.

also, dont forget to pull off enough paper (or vinyl) from the roll so that the cutter is not having to pull it off the roll.  That could be causing it too.  Just unroll enough for the current job and let it hang freely.