Sign in to follow this  
Stangracer

Race Team Shirts

Looks pretty good. Two critiques just for future use. The Malachi outline is a bit too big in relation to the green for my eye and in the middle of the C in the background there is a little spot that was just outside the offset path that I would have removed before the cut. Both personal preferences. 

I agree with the too much outline.  The rest of them I am going to reduce to about half what it is now.  I'm not sure what you are talking about on the C though?

:thumbsup:   I have found that too big drowns out the real focus and too small will give you trouble with registration when the shirt gets hot things tend to shrink and it gets hard to make it all line up if you go too tiny. If you are having issues of that nature try doing the background color as an outline with the foreground knocked out. If the outline is not too skinny to get a good bit that is a great way to keep a short look. When I do that I make it so there is a little overlap under the outline so there is no shirt showing through. There are probably 10 ways to do it and at least half are correct so it's a pretty forgiving process. I occasionally use the stahls products but have had better success with Siser. Most of Siser material applies at 305 deg and is hot peel so you are moving a lot faster than a lot of the stahls products. I do really like the Stahls' Thermo Film for certain applications because of thick rubbery nature. I also did a whole mess of nylon jerseys and used the Super film with good success although it is cold peel and slower to work with for multi layered products. 

Welcome to the addiction. HTV is a blast as you have already found out.