motordaddy08

Help!!!

Ok I have been using my cutter no problem for a while now and I just started to use it to cut HTV and it cuts it and weeds perfect but if I don't hold it when it gets to the corner it catches the entire vinyl and pulls it and makes it offset. I have to hold the corner so it can cut and not pull it. Can anyone help

• Like 1

are your rollers all the way out to the outside edge of the htv?  what cutter are you using?

• Like 1

Im using MH871-mk2. I never had this problem with adhesive vinyl oracle 651. I know the HTV is thinner but it cuts perfectly other then it catching on the right corner then messing up the entire image

yes use the middle roller - and the outer ones all the way to the outside edge.  least amount of blade possible and a sharp blade

Sharp blade and not too much pressure. Similar pressure to regular vinyl usually does it. Slow things down a bit too because the carrier is a little stretchy and it will bunch up against the knife if you are running too fast or pressing too hard. 

Sounds like too much blade and pressure. I use a separate blade holder for HTV as well as Metallic. Back off both and make your test cuts. Also, as WG wrote, slow it down to the slowest speed you can.

I have a LP2 cutter and just getting into HTV.  My Press is some where between here and Memphis.  Should I order a second blade holder and set it up for HTV solely?  I have plenty of blades both 45 and 60 degree.  Would a 60 be better??

I use the same blade, holder and settings for 651 and HTV. 60 degree blade for everything and the only thing I use a different holder for is glitter htv because of how much thicker it is.

• Like 1

I just started doing HTV a few weeks ago and was running into this exact problem when it would cut the weeding box. I turned the pressure down and helped the issue. I also only run a 60 degree blade.

Also, remember that the actual size of most HTV rolls is not the stated size. 15 inch rolls might be 14.75/14.85, etc. Make sure your mat size in SCALP is adjusted for this. Otherwise if your design is too big the blade will go off the vinyl.

• Like 1

This happens to me sometimes on my present cutter and used to happen at an old work place on a print cut machine.  I find I tend to baby sit the job.  One becomes adept at predicting when it will happen.  Often is at the end of the cut when it is drawing a weeding box around the whole design.  Near the time it does if I grab the material and pull it downward somewhat it stops it from catching.

At my old work place would would hang clamps to the end of the rolls to weight it down.  That machine had vacuum suction but it would still sometimes catch.  The clamps helped.

I just realized what Sal316 said and maybe I have overlooked that in the past.  Will have to check that out.