Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

IR THermometer on sale

I finally broke down and bough another one (last one flaked out on me and it was a good one too) I got mine off the auction site for 11 bucks.

• Like 1

I paid about 25 for mine but I wanted to make sure I was getting a good brand because the whole idea was to try and get accurate temperature and I have read that some of the cheapo ones are not as accurate. I can't even remember where I picked mine up but it has been nice to have around. Just used it again last weekend re-calibrating my new Fusion. 

was just throwing another source out I saw today - lots of options to purchase out there.  I need to get more so the kids can have one and quit playing with mine when they come over.  I have used mine the last couple months too to check the temp of a pan before cooking things like fish when I want the pan hot first

• Like 1

The last one I had WAS a good one.  Some 60 bucks worth.... (got it through my brother who is a master mechanic.... it is the kind the "pros" use) but for what ever reason it flaked out so I took the cheapo route this time.  I never caught my kids playing with it but it would not surprise me if those little ones got a hold of it and messed it up without me knowing....

I've tested multiple cheap ir's (3) and at 330 they were within 3 degrees of each other.

I had read a thread somewhere that said they were iffy but a good close guess and then recently I was surprised when talking to Stahls about checking my Fusion temperature that they actually recommend using one. The only thing they said was to be sure the platen is clean because a dirty platen will throw them off.