Sign in to follow this  
TT57

My first sub slate

sub @ 400 degrees @ 8.5-9 min. I did have some paper stick to the slate but got it off with water and a light scrapeing with straight edge.

post-36131-0-73831800-1424055123_thumb.j

• Like 3

sub @ 400 degrees @ 8.5-9 min. I did have some paper stick to the slate but got it off with water and a light scrapeing with straight edge.

Did you use a green rubber pad over the top?  I've not had paper stick since I finally dropped the dough to buy the pad.

Looks like your's turned out well.  I love the Sublislate - they are so cheap, but the final effect of a custom photo printed on a piece of rock is so different than what people expect.  Everybody has seen coffee mugs, t-shirts, mouse pads, etc. with a picture on them - but a hunk of stone with unfinished edges?

• Like 1

OW, I had read where someone used a rubber mat from the cooking sections for ovens so that is what i bought. I won't use it again tho because it left a slight shadow of the texture inside the mat. see pic. BUT that is NOT over the whole slate. I am wondering if the pressure on the press is greater at the back since that is where i see it. I will have to get the green mat i suppose. Also there is what looks like burn marks. Since i had a pc of paper on both sides for blowout i assumed it wasn't ink. thoughts  ?

post-36131-0-63651800-1424055727_thumb.j

OW, I had read where someone used a rubber mat from the cooking sections for ovens so that is what i bought. I won't use it again tho because it left a slight shadow of the texture inside the mat. see pic. BUT that is NOT over the whole slate. I am wondering if the pressure on the press is greater at the back since that is where i see it. I will have to get the green mat i suppose. Also there is what looks like burn marks. Since i had a pc of paper on both sides for blowout i assumed it wasn't ink. thoughts  ?

[img=http://forum.uscutter.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=104035'>mat.jpg

didnt use paper too so the ink attached to your pad and will gas again when heated

attachicon.gifmat.jpg

I'm probably the one that recommended using the Silicon baking sheet as that is what I used to use, I never saw any marks as a result, but my sheet doesn't appear to have as much texture as your's does.

What kind of paper are you using?  It looks like ink went right through it.  It looks like it outgassed around the rough, unfinished edges of the slate...

I always use parchment paper or the backing off of vinyl and I've not seen any ink go through like that before...

Dakota, I did use paper above and below the slate . Paper between the slate and mat also.

OW, the paper is a roll of white craft paper I bought somewhere. Pretty thick stuff. Also the texture on the rubber mat cannot be felt. It is between 2 smooth surfaces.

You did a great job on that I liked the few I did also they are different, but I didn't think they were cheap at least several years ago when they first cam out?

Sorry for the crappy photp

post-2057-0-59912600-1424094757_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I LIKE IT!

Makes me want to unclog my 1100 printer, change the inks, and start doing sub stuff.

DON'T DO IT DON"T DO IT !!

You will be Hooked DON"T DO IT >>>>

• Like 5

You did a great job on that I liked the few I did also they are different, but I didn't think they were cheap at least several years ago when they first cam out?

Sorry for the crappy photp

The Dyetrans.com part of Conde is super-slow to respond (at least for me) today so I can't check current pricing, but most of the Sublislate stuff runs in the $5-12 per item category, which is pretty reasonable for what you get.

The Dyetrans.com part of Conde is super-slow to respond (at least for me) today so I can't check current pricing, but most of the Sublislate stuff runs in the $5-12 per item category, which is pretty reasonable for what you get.

Yeah I was having that issue last night couldn't stand it

DON'T DO IT DON"T DO IT !!

You will be Hooked DON"T DO IT >>>>

Yeah, I just want to do the aluminum prints. Ya'll can do all the other stuff. The printable AL i get, they changed it from a mirror finish, to a brushed finish, and I don't care much for it. Although, it is self adhesive now.

Yeah, I just want to do the aluminum prints. Ya'll can do all the other stuff. The printable AL i get, they changed it from a mirror finish, to a brushed finish, and I don't care much for it. Although, it is self adhesive now.

I took a date to a Chocolate Lovers benefit the night before Valentines Day and they had a silent auction.  One of the items up for auction was three sublimated aluminum prints of beautiful photographs.  They were about 6x12" in size.  Estimated value, per the auction description, was $125.00 for the set of 3.

I really need to start charging more...

• Like 4

those look great mr300s. I didn't think the prices were too bad but was curious about glossing them myself. Someone on here had started that but decided to just buy predone. Gonna go try to find the thread.

Several of us have tried that with zero success I would say save your money ...

• Like 1

The only issue with that OW is usually for auctions / benefits they raise the prices.

I agree, that for tax write-off purposes they probably try to bump up the "value", but at the same time, they're letting the public know "this is what I consider a fair market value and what you can expect to pay for my work".

• Like 1