Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Subli-sandals fun

I had boughten a couple sets of the sable-sandals to play with and finally got around to building a set today for the kids. Pretty cool being able to make whatever you want on there. I just did some colorful designs similar to the higher end flip-flops out there. They turned out fantastic and now I'm going to have to make more for the other girls. 

post-20133-0-37665600-1424040431_thumb.j

post-20133-0-07131100-1424040442_thumb.j

• Like 1

Really nice I have seen quite a few people tring to sell the blanks on different sites.  I am guessing maybe not a good enough margin or poor seller?  But I am sure the kids will love them, plus they are FREE ;D

• Like 1

Nice pattern.  I have 3 pairs but just cant seem to come up with any thing I think would look good.... yours are great!

• Like 1

Looks sharp. Where did you get those

Like most things Conde has em. 

Nice pattern.  I have 3 pairs but just cant seem to come up with any thing I think would look good.... yours are great!

I had a tough time deciding what to put on them thanks for the compliment. That is just some messing around in AI mostly with pattern brushes. 

Really nice I have seen quite a few people tring to sell the blanks on different sites.  I am guessing maybe not a good enough margin or poor seller?  But I am sure the kids will love them, plus they are FREE ;D

Free minus Conde's and Cobra's cut of course. 

I am probably speaking too early but I was real happy with how well the colors came out. In my quest to get crisp colors I discovered that my fan-dancy heat press was running WAY hot. Hadn't really noticed anything until starting to sublimate. Up in the higher end at 400 it was running about 20-25 deg hot which was likely a lot of my problem. One call to the 24hr support at Hotronix and that is fixed. The guy there that I talked to was a wealth of information on many heat press related subjects. He cleared up one issue that actually surprised me. I had always heard that an infrared was a good close guess but not always spot on with the black coated platen. He said just to make very sure that my platen was super clean which being practically new and having some hot melt cleaner it is now and on a Hotronix shoot directly in the middle. Dialed me right in and even passed along a cryptic login password that let me get into the inner workings to adjust the calibration. Easy peasy and instantly saw more accurate colors on the sublimation. 

• Like 1

Like most things Conde has em. 

I had a tough time deciding what to put on them thanks for the compliment. That is just some messing around in AI mostly with pattern brushes. 

Free minus Conde's and Cobra's cut of course. 

I am probably speaking too early but I was real happy with how well the colors came out. In my quest to get crisp colors I discovered that my fan-dancy heat press was running WAY hot. Hadn't really noticed anything until starting to sublimate. Up in the higher end at 400 it was running about 20-25 deg hot which was likely a lot of my problem. One call to the 24hr support at Hotronix and that is fixed. The guy there that I talked to was a wealth of information on many heat press related subjects. He cleared up one issue that actually surprised me. I had always heard that an infrared was a good close guess but not always spot on with the black coated platen. He said just to make very sure that my platen was super clean which being practically new and having some hot melt cleaner it is now and on a Hotronix shoot directly in the middle. Dialed me right in and even passed along a cryptic login password that let me get into the inner workings to adjust the calibration. Easy peasy and instantly saw more accurate colors on the sublimation. 

Good info on the Infrared....My press is all over the map!

Thats great and yes he is amazing and I am guessing you are talking about Tom

Thats great and yes he is amazing and I am guessing you are talking about Tom

Yep, Tom. Nice guy. 

I've given thought to ordering these several times, and the part that stops me is that the design is only on the part of the sandals that aren't visible when they're being worn...    That and the over-priced tool they recommend for installing the straps on the sandals...

• Like 1

I have not bought the tool because of the price.  I have only made one pair of these and it wasn't to bad putting them together without it.... at least for one pair.  I am sure If these ever "took off" and I was doing a ton.... I would invest in the tool, but for one here or there..... not a chance.