Sign in to follow this  
ShowMeCleaning

First over rosted Cup

Lifted on edges is my guess, was they cactus so it has the wolven backer or the straight rubber ones. Looks like a pucker in the paper

Especially on those double check to make sure everything is flat. If you buy more down the road the cactus have a thicker rubber and wolven backing over that . . . Makes it easier to keep everything flat. I have one set of the ones like you have for dog bowls and didn't like them.

• Like 1

Make sure you are taping the image paper good to the mug also or use the spray tack, and watch your alignment ... If there is a way to do more pressure do that and the time should be around 15 minutes and place the mug upside down

• Like 1

I did tape down real good. Couldn't get it any more pressure . I'm thinking it's like Dakotagrafx. I was really surprised when I seen it. Guess I'm in market for cactus wrap with thick rubber. I didn't seen any lifting. By any chance does it make a different where you place it in the oven? I did place it upside down. 

as long as the cups are coated evenly (good vendor makes a difference there - and if you are real careful to make sure it is flat you should get a  good image, even with those wraps if everything else came out good it had to be puckered there.  if you hadn't turned it upside down any light areas would have been toward a top or bottom edge not the handle area.  even with a press the light areas near the handles are more toward the handles where the heat wicks away - that is in the middle so that is why I think it had to be not tight there

tight -  actually on the cactus I just barely tape the tops and let the wrap hold them tight - I found when I taped tight in the middle I would sometimes not really get it tight and as the wrap pulled the paper around it would pucker at the tape causing a light spot

Where did you get the mugs Like Scott says make a real difference?