dcedar

MH871 MK2

Please help!

My machine is cutting all crazy.

It starts cutting letters and will cut a few letters and then drop down about half an inch and cut a few more. Then it will cut letters over other letters. What the heck is going on???

The machine is grounded and I have used the USB and the Serial Port with the same results.

I have wasted almost all of the vinyl that came with the machine and I do not want to purchase more until I figure this out.

you say the machine is grounded - but is the stand grounded to the machine?  are you making the machine pull the vinyl off the roll? what software are you using?  did you mess with the pressure roller tension for any reason?  so many questions!

Thanks!

The machine is grounded to the stand. I am using SCAL#pro. I have not messed with the roller tension since the vinyl seems to roll through just fine.

I do leave the vinyl on the roll on the rollers. Could this be the whole problem??? I had the MH721 and did it that way with no problems. (I know, different machine may have different issues)

One thing I forgot to mention. Sometimes the machine pauses for a few seconds, too the point that I notice it, and then starts cutting again. It could be normal but I don't remember if the MH721 did it or not.

the was a change in the cutters from the old mh series to the new mk2 version - it wasn't for the better - when the first 871's came out it was a busy time on the forum to say the least

what serial port are you using - a real port on the computer or a keyspan - or did you try another brand as so many have tried and not had work?

Software is activated. I am using the port on the computer. No keyspan.

I will try unrolling and see if that helps. Right now I am too frustrated to go near the darn thing! LOL

the changes int he mh to the mk2 is where we started recommending the sc for a starter cutter. sometimes changes are not for the better

• Like 1

Okay... thanks! I loosened the vinyl alot! Unrolled most of it. LOL. It seems to be working! (knock on wood!)

• Like 1