Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Now Sublimation Job

Woohooooo

The gal who ordered the t-shirts called me and we started chatting about her organization.  Anyway, the topic moved to dog tags for her Volunteers  and Boom..Another order.

I can't say how excited I am.  Not huge but 80 dog tags with her logo on one side for her staff and for give aways for her Volunteers.

Turned out to be a productive day

Now I need to check out that jog to do several at once...LOL

Good news is she also wants to see the Conde catalog.........Yeaaaaaaa glad I have 2.  And theres no prices in it  :)

• Like 2

Atta boy Joe! Feels good to get things going doesn't it. I am working on a client to sell some of the key chains. I was looking at the Jig to do 18 at once too. Did you watch the video? I tried finding one with a jig but only found that gal at Conde doing three on a regular piece of paper with tape. That seemed to go ok for her but the ones I did with tape were scary to pull the tape off at just below 400 deg so the jig might be smart. She tends to make thing look pretty easy that are a little more complicated like the beany. I did one and the seam along the top is white once you put it on and I tried HARD to be sure it was covered. 

Atta boy Joe! Feels good to get things going doesn't it. I am working on a client to sell some of the key chains. I was looking at the Jig to do 18 at once too. Did you watch the video? I tried finding one with a jig but only found that gal at Conde doing three on a regular piece of paper with tape. That seemed to go ok for her but the ones I did with tape were scary to pull the tape off at just below 400 deg so the jig might be smart. She tends to make thing look pretty easy that are a little more complicated like the beany. I did one and the seam along the top is white once you put it on and I tried HARD to be sure it was covered. 

It does feel good.  I thought it would never start.  I know its not big but it does feel like the ball is rolling now. 

I did not see the video.  I'd like to get a good look at it because a buddy of mine does CNC mdc stuff in his garage.  I bet he could make this thing easy.

Gotta look into those key chains..Sounds like fun

Yeah I got the jig a while back works great What I liked was it does both sides in one press for two sided dog tags I use ...

post-2057-0-73617200-1423790544_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Oh hell yes! I had no idea you could do both sides at once. That alone makes it well worth the trouble. Thanks for the info!

Just put an extra long piece of tape on there and fold over one end to make a little tab - then you can grab that and pull them off the paper without touching the 400° metal tags.

You might also consider investing in one or two of these...

post-24492-0-09562400-1423796185_thumb.j

• Like 2

I have a hard time fitting work gloves with my big hands let alone oven gloves. I did the tab thing on my second try and it's definitely better.