lablover

Just got an order

Customer was like can I have these in 2 days.  I don't have the shirts on hand and no time to order them.  What would yo charge do apply HTV logo to each shirt.  Logo is one color white and will be aprox, 6x9.  I have a few but "she" wanted quite a few of them  :)

Normally I do around 14 bucks and I supply the shirt.

Thanks all

wooohooooo  Joe got a big order!

Joe

• Like 2

:thumbsup: Congrats!

A RUSH charge should cover the extra expense of getting the shirts.

Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wally-World all carry imprintable t-shirts...

usually Gildan or Jerzees. Not all colors and sizes in large amounts though.

They sometimes have sales on them, 2 for $5 or so.

Sue2

• Like 3

:thumbsup: Congrats!

A RUSH charge should cover the extra expense of getting the shirts.

Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wally-World all carry imprintable t-shirts...

usually Gildan or Jerzees. Not all colors and sizes in large amounts though.

They sometimes have sales on them, 2 for $5 or so.

Sue2

AWESOME

These will be all HTV

I'm gonna place an order at jiffy in the next few minutes.  It's saying I can have them by Friday.  The gal placing the order now needs them by Monday.  I think that will work.

I'm also gonna take a trip to the retail places listed here and see what they have and....."Stock Up"  If the Jiffy don't make it by Friday I will have the ones I buy today local.  Not like I won't use them in the future  :)

It's funny when I saw the order this morning I had this little panic thing...Aghhhh I'm gonna loose an order because I don't have stock.  LOL

You guys......and girls  ;)  are the best!!!

Joe

• Like 1

I include HTV as an imprint...

A big problem with the t-shirt business is you cannot keep 

all colors/all sizes/all styles in stock.

Some customers like the Beefy Ts, some long sleeved, some

v-neck, some just want CHEAPEST........................................................

You will have to know your shirt suppliers turn-around time for

large quantities in order to deliver promises on time.

Sue2

• Like 1

I use jiffy all the time.  If I order by 6 it is always here next day!  As I started doing shirts I always got a few extra and if I only needed a couple I always make sure to get enough to equal 60 bucks (or whatever it is) to take advantage of the free shipping!  That way I am also building stock.  By doing this over the past year I beat I have come up with a stock of about 200 or so shirts.  (I do a lot of shirts!)  Now those  onsie twosie orders are no sweat!  Customers love that fast turn around.  

I also have a customer who orders 50 to 60 shirts every couple of months and they like to order "whatever colors you have in stock is fine.... just mix it up"  This is great cause it allows me to use up some shirts that might have been sitting awhile and not moving!  So I am allowed to "build up stock" then sell it off.

Do check you local stores out.... always nice to know whats around you in an emergency.

• Like 2

Just saw a JoAnn ad. They have t's on sale for $2.50, all sizes,  on line now and in store tomorrow. Might get you by for now.

• Like 1

Just saw a JoAnn ad. They have t's on sale for $2.50, all sizes,  on line now and in store tomorrow. Might get you by for now.

Lucky me, I have one a mile away...off to the store

make sure to sign up for joanns email and coupons then 50% and 60% discount coupons come in handy.

Im always with stock now since I work for american apparel . but im also 30 minutes from downtown la wholesale if i need to make a trip.

HTV will work fine. Sublimation will only bond to the poly threads, not the cotton threads. The result might not be what you're looking for.

Hobby lobby stocks a decent selection if Gildan I think. Fairly inexpensive and lots of colors so if you have one in your area I'd hit that. I have dye subbed onto a 50/50 but it looks washed out because it's only using half the cloth. Works for some looks but not normally. They recommend at least 85% I seem to remember but like was mentioned the higher the better. I tried stocking a few short for a while but I NEVER hit the size and color right for the customers so I quit and just order what they want or run grab it or tell them to run grab them and just embellish them. 

Thanks a million all.

Looks like I'm going to hobby lobby too...LOL  Why do all these places have to be so close.  Joann and Hobby lobby all within a mile.

Maybe it's a sign???  

Hobby lobby stocks a decent selection if Gildan I think. Fairly inexpensive and lots of colors so if you have one in your area I'd hit that. I have dye subbed onto a 50/50 but it looks washed out because it's only using half the cloth. Works for some looks but not normally. They recommend at least 85% I seem to remember but like was mentioned the higher the better. I tried stocking a few short for a while but I NEVER hit the size and color right for the customers so I quit and just order what they want or run grab it or tell them to run grab them and just embellish them. 

I frequently tell customers to pick up the shirts themselves and "Save" some on my

mark-up.  PLUS they can waste their own time finding the right sizes/quality/colors.

It works for some of the smaller orders.

Sue2

• Like 4

I frequently tell customers to pick up the shirts themselves and "Save" some on my

mark-up.  PLUS they can waste their own time finding the right sizes/quality/colors.

It works for some of the smaller orders.

Sue2

That would work ok as long as they don't buy used shirts!

That would work ok as long as they don't buy used shirts!

Garbage in  -  garbage out!

Used shirts will work if that's what they want.......

as long as they are clean.

They pay the same for the HTV.

No, I do mention that they should be NEW shirts and if they

are "Retail" type shirts not intended for HTV, I ask them to

bring in ONE sample first to test.

Sue2

• Like 1

If they are in a hurry which happens a lot the best option is finding them in town some where. Hard to get them to see the true cost of running to town, shopping, buying a hamburger or taco while there and then coming all the way back home without charging them for at least the burger. I have never had an issue with customer supplied shirts except I hate it when the think they need to pre-wash them and get them all cattywampus and you spend 15 minutes trying to get it to lay flat again. I prefer they wash them than to be smelly though. Haven't had anyone that dim whited yet.  

If they are in a hurry which happens a lot the best option is finding them in town some where. Hard to get them to see the true cost of running to town, shopping, buying a hamburger or taco while there and then coming all the way back home without charging them for at least the burger. I have never had an issue with customer supplied shirts except I hate it when the think they need to pre-wash them and get them all cattywampus and you spend 15 minutes trying to get it to lay flat again. I prefer they wash them than to be smelly though. Haven't had anyone that dim whited yet.  

Ok

I'm going to make a shirt for myself that says

"CATTYWAMPUS"  ...No really!  There goes half a bottle of water all over the monitor...LOL

Am I showing my age or just the region I live in? I don't know which. Just wash one of those light weight ladies cut shirts and you'll make up a few new words of your own. Ha ha!

• Like 2