lablover

Contour Cutting...Yes, gonna be a silly question

That is interesting news because when I was considering an FC that was one of the big selling points that the FC had over the CE and my Summa. The dealer said you could contour cut printed work and then perf cut in the groove off the cutting mat so it wouldn't cut your strip. Mine will do like the CE and perf cut on the strip but I really don't have a need since I don't print anything except a few shirt transfers so I have never even tried it out.

Lablover, when I cut paper crafts for my kids (totally cheating for their school projects, he he he) I use a cutting mat that I bought at wallyworld that is for a cricut. It works ok but is a little stiff and gets a little wild when it comes near the back on the feed rollers. So far no mishaps though. Summa cutters have extreme pressure on their feed rollers and they are relatively skinny so it produces some bending into the edges of the cutting mat. I have had some success with re-using the carrier from Siser Easyweed too. 

So far in my research Summa plotters are the best having less problem in recognizing registrations marks on different types of media (glossy, semigloss, laminated etc) They can do contour and perfect "flex cut" on the same job.

Since you own a Summa, can you tell me about the noise level? I'll be getting the Summa S2 T120 and would be on a medium bedroom on a condo second floor.

Thanks guys!  

So far in my research Summa plotters are the best having less problem in recognizing registrations marks on different types of media (glossy, semigloss, laminated etc) They can do contour and perfect "flex cut" on the same job.

Since you own a Summa, can you tell me about the noise level? I'll be getting the Summa S2 T120 and would be on a medium bedroom on a condo second floor.

Thanks guys!  

Summa is pretty quiet. They don't get all worried about making the machine some ninja cutter than you can't hear is running but it's a servo machine made in Belgium and is absolute top quality. I run mine in our dinning room and often am in the next room watching TV and have to get up and go see if it's done cutting because I can't hear it good enough to tell. I think there are probably quieter machines out there but I am thinking it is on par with most of the competitors. It is WAY quieter than a stepper motor, that i can attest to. I don't thing you will have any issues with your neighbors. If so contact me and maybe I'll step up to the T series, Ha ha! 

• Like 1