ApeShirt

Sticky flock and SC cutter

Anyone cut sticky flock, for rhinestone use, with the US Cutter SC cutter? I had a supplier of the sticky flock say it won't cut it since the SC has a stepper motor. US Cuter says it will, however. Any real use feedback would be appreciated.

I know someone who cut it on an mh and if that'll cut it I'd say your SC should have no problem.

• Like 1

I have cut it with my copam and I know that works perfect. Just need to adjust the blade to extend out further than normal, I have a separate holder just for sticky flock.

Donn

• Like 1

I have the SC and I cut Sticky Flock for rhinestones no problem!  I don't know who told you it won't work but they are giving out bad information.  You will (like with any cutter) have to adjust blade depth and pressure.  Once you dial it in, make notes of your settings for future reference!  

Happy Stoning!

• Like 3

Glitter vinyl cut into little rhinestone size circles is a good

imitation for real rhinestones...and sometimes faster!

Here is a design I tucked away for future ideas/creations.

My files are full of ideas...just have to find time to DO them.

Sue2

post-6159-0-02111100-1423654727_thumb.jp

• Like 2

LoOKs good Sue. I toyed with doing that with deco sparkle a couple years ago but forgot all about it until you just posted the butterfly. Now that I have some real glitter I may try it again.

LooKs good Sue. I toyed with doing that with deco sparkle a couple years ago but forgot all about it until you just posted the butterfly. Now that I have some real glitter I may try it again.

Jay,

I didn't do that one...I saw it online and saved it in my idea file for future projects.

But thought the glitter vinyl made a pretty good substitute for rhinestones.

Sue2

Correction on my part. Thanks to the mystery person on the internet, it looks great. Now back to our regularly scheduled chaos :)

Looks good Sue. I hate weeding glitter vinyl though. That looks like it would take a bit of time to weed.

its actually easy to weed and fast all in one piece I make glitter rhinestones a lot.

to the OP when cutting sticky flock I would have a xtra blade and blade holder just for it and flock and glitter and do 2 passes also make sure that your blade is a 60* blade and not 45*. when you cut sticky flock right it will leave the cut circles on the paper. I use to use a MH721 to cut it and was at like 180 to 200 pressure. also you might have to cut your circle 1 size up. do small test cuts.

• Like 3

Add pressure and blade, speed around 200, and muticut on 2.  No worries. Cut them regularly with my SC. Just check blade holder after each template for debitage. It'll gum up the works.

• Like 1

look like he/she said speed around 200 but I remember cutting at 180 to 200 on a mh721. you can set the speed to how fast you want it cut. on my graphtec my speed is 14

The only issue I could think of with stepper motors would be in precision at small sizes.  SS6 stones are only about 2mm in diameter, and cutting perfect 2mm circles may be beyond the capacity of a cheap, stepper motor cutter.  Only way to find out for sure is to try it.  Be sure to report back and let us know!