Sara2282

Need help choosing a Cutter!

I just started my search and it's getting so hard to figure out whats the best option for me: I want to buy a cutter under $2k budget.

I wish I could afford the Roland VersaCamm (Cut&Print)  but I can't! so I'll need to cut pre-printed graphics for wall decals, so I'll need a contour cutter right? at least 36" -- if you have advice on printers as well I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice? thank you!

I would be surprised if the indoor wall market would support printed graphics (because of price) Most of the indoor stuff goes so cheap they just use exhibition grade vinyl. You might get some printing quotes before you go and dump money into something that isn't going to lead the a solid ROI. 

Just my $0.02

If you are still thinking of getting into it for regular solid vinyl colors then the usual advice is buy the best you can afford. The Graphtec is probably about the most prolific as far as servo motors, resale value and dependability. I started out with a budget model similar to the Laserpoint that USCutter offers and got by for a couple years then once I was comfortable that I was actually going to be able to make some money I upgraded. In my case that ended up buying Summa which in this mans opinion is the very top of the line but I know from seeing the other work out there and prior research the gap between the various top of the list cutters is very small so a Grapthec or Roland or Mimaki are all very similar with a few minor differences. Servo motors are the biggest advantage over the less expensive stepper motor varieties but that being said for a lot of folks (myself  previous;y included) turn out acceptable products with the budget machines. It's just a little more touch and go and fraught with more weird quirks than you would have with the top end machines. 

• Like 1