Sign in to follow this  
pisko

Decal Pricing Help

I don't do a lot of decals so some pricing help would be appreciated. Customer wants 500 5x6 inch decals full color print contour cut and laminated, fairly easy weed. Advice on average price per decal. Probably  just use 3651 and 210 laminate.

First and foremost figure up cost per square inch/sq foot (whatever increment you prefer) of the vinyl/lamination film you are using. Layout the job exactly how it is to be cut and figure up all the raw material cost for the entire job....so factor in printing cost, lamination/vinyl consumption and divide that final cost by the number of decals you are cutting. For example if it cost you $300 in materials you need to be charging at least $0.60 per decal to break even on material. Now the fun begins....figure up an hourly work rate if you don't have one already and estimate how many hours you will be putting into this job and do the same thing...lets say $50 is your going rate and it's going to take you 6 hours to do. You will want to charge the $300 for the decals and now an addition $300 for working time. So now $1.20 per sticker will cover the entire job. I tend to take that as a "mere suggestion" and still add a little markup from there to profit from. Don't have to add much to keep competitive pricing but if that were my case I would probably round up to $1.50 and "haggle" if the customer feels it's too much. Don't charge less than what your time/material is worth so you can make money but don't price so high that you lose business. Again those numbers were just examples so don't price them at $1.50 if it costs you much more time and material than my "false" numbers. Hope this helps!

• Like 2