abawaba

A couple issues with a MH 721-MK2

Hi all, I'm new (will introduce myself in the introductions forum later) and after searching for answers to these issues decided to join and get more information on them.

First issue. I previously owned a Roland CX24 and never ran into this. During cutting, the blade will frequently slightly score the top of the vinyl in the middle of the rollers. It seems that the vinyl naturally wants to lift a little in that location. When the blade isn't cutting but is moving over the center, it usually cuts into it.

I've tried old and new rolls, and two brands (3m and Oracal) of vinyl and it happens on all of it.

Is the third pinch roller meant to stop this?

Second issue. I've had it over a year and just noticed this. The cutter cuts stuff slightly bigger that the dimensions in the vinyl software. I'm using Vinylmaster XPT and something that should be 6 inches wide will cut out about 3/16" bigger.

I just noticed it this morning, and went a checked a couple things I cut out previously, and it happened to those as well. All about 1/4" bigger than they should be.

Third issue. This isn't extremely important, but would like to get resolved if possible. When putting a weed box around something, especially multiple items in one cut, it doesn't always cut the whole weed box. Usually leaving one side or part of a side uncut.

Thanks for any help.

Should be a calibration setting possibly in the vinyl spooler to help the size issue.

In VinylMaster there is a utility (Cutter Scale) in the Vinyl Spooler under the Calibration tab that will assist you to set the correct scale.

the size problem turned out to be a setting in the spooler. It worked fine with my roland cx24, need to get it repaired, miss it.

thanks.

Going from a roland to a mh you'll never be truly happy. Most start with an mh and go up. I think you got it backwards.

• Like 1

The key to setting up Chinese cutters to cut as sharp as possible using VinylMaster is to set the Blade Offset. There is a Blade Compensation (offset) utility in the Vinyl Spooler. 

The key to setting up Chinese cutters to cut as sharp as possible using VinylMaster is to set the Blade Offset. There is a Blade Compensation (offset) utility in the Vinyl Spooler. 

Rep for Vinyl Master? No issues, just curious.

Going from a roland to a mh you'll never be truly happy. Most start with an mh and go up. I think you got it backwards.

Tell me about it! I don't use it as much as I did in the past. My idea when I got the roland was that I would do it full time, but living in a small town with a competitor, there just isnt enough business to keep both of us busy. I decided to go in another direction, but still do some stuff for former customers and use it for my other endeavours.

Would it be possible to elaborate? I'm not sure what I would need to do as far as the adjustment?

It's a step by step wizard (set of instructions) just follow it through... when completed successfully a Chinese cutter will not round off corners of T's and H's etc. 

Tell me about it! I don't use it as much as I did in the past. My idea when I got the roland was that I would do it full time, but living in a small town with a competitor, there just isnt enough business to keep both of us busy. I decided to go in another direction, but still do some stuff for former customers and use it for my other endeavours.

I don't sell anything in my small town of about 5000,, was never my intent, but I have a great online business. vinyl only.  Plenty of opportunity away from your small town.