Dragonduster

How to make big jobs with a 24" cutter?

as the tittle says, lets say i have a job of a decal with 30" x 90", how do you make them? i was told to leave 1" between the cuts and overlap them but i dont know about this method.

It's called tiling. Your cutting software is the best place to do this. What software do you use? I usually overlap 1/4" rather than an inch. 

I just did a 40"x60" storefront with a 24" plotter. I made the logo so that it wouldn't overlap nor any seams. As wildgoose said look at tiling. Sometimes you will be able to break and group the logo up for cutting (save material) and then piece together at install with no overlaps.

I just did a 40"x60" storefront with a 24" plotter. I made the logo so that it wouldn't overlap nor any seams. As wildgoose said look at tiling. Sometimes you will be able to break and group the logo up for cutting (save material) and then piece together at install with no overlaps.

So you mean you butted the pieces together, and you couldn't notice?  Nice

So you mean you butted the pieces together, and you couldn't notice?  Nice

Actually for the logo I designed didn't have to butt them together either. I was able to use the space effectively by cutting all the text together and then cutting the main logo separate from that and piece together on the window. Granted not all logos can be done this way and knowing how large it needed to be I was able to create a seamless design that everybody was happy with. I cut in 3 large sheets and applied in 5 total...top wording, logo, bottom wording, tagline, and store hours. Here's a link the picture I just posted a thread with the logo http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/47935-storefront-logo/

I use ..... forgot name,  it's the one that doesn't has support anymore and is free,  with  element in the name. 

I have the cd of corel 3 or 5, forgot it,  came with the plotter.

I wanted to cut and ship them so im not the one installing  and the customers would have trouble installing them. 

Acceptable and best way are 2 different things. I work with a 30" machine and only have to tile maybe twice a year but those 2 times I would prefer your cutter size.

• Like 1

Everytime I think about selling it and getting a smaller one, someone calls and whats something 4' wide.... am currently doing 22 4'x 8' aluminum sheets now...... guess I better embrace it and just make room for it 

• Like 1

Everytime I think about selling it and getting a smaller one, someone calls and whats something 4' wide.... am currently doing 22 4'x 8' aluminum sheets now...... guess I better embrace it and just make room for it 

what cutter do you have?

I have this extra CE5000-120 that I've been thinking about selling but I'm just not sure yet.