QualeT Graphics

Cleaning up before I cut.....

Hello Friends....

I am trying so hard to get this cut thing down. How do I clean up an image? If I do a simple trace even if it looks good it never cuts correctly. How often do I do a blade change? For example, if I cut a traced image, let's say the letter T, it never meets up to get a perfect corner....

Any videos,out there?

Thanks so much.....

Shane Quale

• Like 1

You should always check the design in wire frame after tracing. Zoom it up big. Most traced designs need node editing, (clean up) That just goes with the job, of creating/tracing designs, and some  experience.  As a rule, text is not traced, it is recreated.  Find the font and do the text...

• Like 2

As a rule, text is not traced, it is recreated.  Find the font and do the text...

That should be engraved in the front of every cutter that is sold.

There are plenty of font recognition systems out there (I like & use Find My Font) and we have gurus on this forum that can tell you what font is what with 99%+ accuracy.  We even a sub-forum devoted specifically to fonts and font identification.

• Like 2

Wire frame? Is this a editing tool? I am using Inkscape and SCALP3. Thanks for your response.

Wire frame is being able to only see the outlines of a design..I don't know what it is called in Inkscape.  But  I always ungroup the image to edit...There is a user manual on inkscape

Youtube.com has videos for just about anything.  That is always my go to, for fixing or advice on just about ANYTHING...You name it...

Is there any videos out there for editing images, logos, etc.?

Inkscape should have a tutorial in the help section on most of the basic techniques. 

Inkscape calls it outline, on the menu bar select View -> Display Mode -> Outline.

As far as tracing, in Inkscape you can make some adjustments regarding smoothness of paths. If your image has both sharp corners and smooth curves it's hard to get a trace that captures both. Play around with the settings till you get something that you're happy with and then node edit it to clean up any trouble areas.