Sign in to follow this  
KristenMarie

money and order management programs

I am done and done with using excel. Im not good at it, i dont understand codes, and it confuses me!

So, i am wanting to hear what everyone uses to keep their small business in order. 

What programs/apps/software for you suggest?

I would like to track my business income, expenses, profit. 

track all my running orders in the same general area, 

and be able to get monthly charts at the end of each month. -to see my profit, income, expenses, and break it all down for me. 

-how much i spent at home depot, the post office...and how much i made off of this piece, and that piece and which ones made no money.

I guess it kind of seems like a basic money management, same as you would see for your checking account and spending and bills and such?

What do y'all use?

what do you hate, what do you love? 

Thanks!

waveapp.com is something i think is really cool. but it also offers a lot of fancy business things that i do not need at all. its the closest thing to what i am thinking, but with too much bells and whistles. 

• Like 2

I switched to quickbooks back in Aug.  

There's a learning curves which is alot easier if you have someone else explain the basics to you but it's pretty awesome.  

I can do everything you just asked for. 

Been with quick books since 09 and it has worked well for me.

i wrote a program in compucal which is basically the open office version of excell which lets me customize markups and breaks down profit margins, for everything else you mention i use off the shelf software such as quicken, but any of these will work, it's not rocket science

As for apps.... YES!!  I use invoice2go.  It syncs across all my stuff!  Phone, tablet and computers!  I can use it on the go.  I can print from phone, email incoices.... it even adds links for paypal so if your email the invoice your customer can just click paypal and go!  

It does all the stuff you asked for plus more.

The kicker, it's not free.  Very nice and powerful tool tho!  You can check it out for free but you only get a couple of free invoices to use till ya gotta pay.

This is my second year using it.  It also compares years previous.  

• Like 1

I did not download it for my phone..... I don't know if it came as a package when you buy or what but it is on my home computer.  You will need receipts to go.... that is where expenses are entered.  Sounded a little weird to me (I had to call them about that one) but it does work great!

I just checked my phone.... receipts to go is on there.  You must get all the bells and whistles with the purchased one!

I was about to sign up for quickbooks online, but wave should do everything that I want for a fraction of the price. I'll only have to pay for the payroll part from the looks of it.

Check out NCH software. I've been using the EXPRESS INVOICING and it does everything I need. It took a little time to set up the "ITEMS" but works great for me.  Did I mention that it's free (for small business with less than so many employees) GOOD LUCK.