Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Transfer Paper for Aluminum blanks

Different Aluminum blanks coated in white.  What papers do you find work the best.  I'm using Conde Dyetrans Multi Purpose and using Cobra inks with the profiles and finding the colors are not real accurate.  Close but not right on.  

I understand one is not going to get it perfect but I wanna try.

I will say on white polyester material I'm right on the money.  With White Aluminum not so much.

I'd be interested in what paper those that are using cobra inks ad what profile you choose.

I've been using 400 deg at 45 sec as well.

Thanks in advance all.

BTW, all nozzles are firing and clean.  I did something that was pink and it came out more on the orangish pink side  White aluminum pet tag

Joe

You need to check the times and cook temp for the different products (Not that I am any kind of pro) My texprint paper came with a list of all the different products and how each one is supposed to be treated. Conde doesn't compensate for the cobra ink so I think there is some trial and error necessary to dial some things in too. I use conde 8511SPP paper for the hard surfaces and kind of used the texprint sheet for a good rule of thumb on temperature and time. I have not gotten my navy blue to look right yet. Still looking purple. I have been way to busy to experiment with it but am going to start by loading printer profiles into my windows 7 laptop and see if anything changes. Good luck.

I'm using Conde Dyetrans Multi Purpose and using Cobra inks with the profiles and finding the colors are not real accurate. 

I, personally, use the same type of paper on all surfaces.   Which profile are you using for aluminum?

• Like 1

same a jones I use the texprint-r for the ricoh and change the settings in the sawgrass power driver to alter the profiles for different substrates -it makes the necessary adjudtments for white, silver, aluminum, hardboard, ceramic etc.

The Profile I'm using is the Cobra ink 7110 Matte Best Quality.  I also have some Texprint paper but have not tried it yet on Almuminum.  Wildgoose, I have that same info sheet and will check how far off time and temp wise I might be.

I think thats one advantage of the ricoh is that power driver.  I just can't see spending that kind of money on ink.........yet   :)

Don't get me wrong.  My final product looks good it's just not exactly what I'm seeing on screen.  But after some reading I hear thats normal.  I need to do larger test Aluminum sheet with the cobra ink color chart and leave it close by to refer to it.  

Owjones I'd be interested to hear what profile you use.  I use a mac and when I downloaded the profile it installed like 5 different profiles.  I've been using the matte one all the time.  not sure how the others play out.

it is the sawgrass ink that is expensive - they make it for epsons too.  the only reason I have the ricoh is for the gel ink that doesn't dry in the heads like the epsons do.

• Like 1

Lab there should be one of the icc profiles that is specific for alum plate. 

• Like 3

Lab there should be one of the icc profiles that is specific for alum plate. 

There is actually 2 of them  One matte best quality and one plain paper photo quality.  Both Cobra profiles.  There is 5 total  2 for aluminum, 2 for Polyester and one for sublidecal

WF30_ALUM PLATE_Plain Paper_photo quality_cs4 ink.icm

Is the profile I have the best luck with on aluminum and frp     also make sure under the ICM option you have it set to off (no color adjustment)

Hope it helps

• Like 2

Is the profile I have the best luck with on aluminum and frp     also make sure under the ICM option you have it set to off (no color adjustment)

Hope it helps

I'll give that a try

• Like 1

Hope it helps

Ohhh yea, that worked nice!!!  Thanks a million EL

Joe

• Like 2