knucklehead

Way to go USPS...

A USPS, good story. Sent the lady the camaro wall print, this past Monday, to Long Island, NY, where they got blasted by the blizzard. Had an email this morning, saying she got it yesterday afternoon. All I can say is way to go USPS.

Have to agree with Banner John. I packed a large box headed to Detroit. They told me the postage was wrong for a large priority box so they repack it in a large box which is 1 inch bigger. Sends the my wife back out with packing material left over. Customer gets his package opens it and what does he see.. Nice thing was it did get there fast. The postmaster packed it handles out. The way i had it packed there was no way for them to break short of smashing the box.

post-19735-0-89177800-1422713730_thumb.j

Knucklehead I think you need to go play the lottery because you are 1 lucky person.

I was stunned, to say the least. Had my share of F-ups too. I ordered a Corel Paint Shop Pro from ebay, seller was about fifty miles from here. She mailed it Monday, I just got it today.

i shipped a dome light for a truck to a guy in Georgia. The last digit of the zipcode was 4. it ended up in a different city, not too far from where it was supposed to be. The tracking number said "No such Number" for the address and they were sending it back to me. My customer said his mailman was new and was always screwing up the mail, his neighbor was getting it or something.

Anyway, the postmaster said that the 4 looked like a 9. Anyway she said when i got it back, i could examine it myself. But when i got it, the zipcode was all scribbled out by a sharpie. There was no way for me to verify that the 4 was actually a 9 and i had goofed up.

Anyway, i had to pay another $6 to ship it again. So thats $12 total invested to ship, i charged the customer $20 (shipping included) so i lost money.

Now the kicker, when he finally got it, the plastic corner of the domelight was broken. 

Heres the other part. I had it in a bubble wrap container. I mailed it on monday. When i went back on tuesday to mail another package, my postmaster said there was a screw sticking thru the package and i would need to repackage it. So we took the bubble wrap package and put it into a small box and shipped it. So somewhere on its two trips from Minnesota to Georgia, it got broken....it was inside 2 dam packages and still got broke!

If I ran my business like uspa does I would of went under before I even got started.

• Like 1

I agree jay but then again I couldn't deliver a letter across the country 99.9 percent of the time for .49c

I agree jay but then again I couldn't deliver a letter across the country 99.9 percent of the time for .49c

Apparently neither can they.

• Like 2

Sometimes I think I'd have a better shot giving it to somebody on a bus heading in that general direction besides who sends lenters anymore? Most people I deal with cant even write in cursive anymore.

• Like 1

I get letters all the time...mostly bills and debt collection letters, and eyesight/hearing test letters, and of course im 30yrs old and i always get AARP stuff.

I asked my postmaster why 85% of the stuff i get is junk mail...he said "they keep the postal service in business."

I used to ship a lot of my decals rolled in the 24" triangle priority boxes. I had some that looked like an Accordion when they were delivered to the customer. I wish I still had the pictures because the similarity was amazing.