Sign in to follow this  
pilotman1

street signs

As in legitimate DOT regulated street signs on behalf of a government body (city, county, state, etc.), or decorative street signs?   If decorative, indoor or outdoor?

As in legitimate DOT regulated street signs on behalf of a government body (city, county, state, etc.), or decorative street signs?   If decorative, indoor or outdoor?

They will just be for decorative and will be used both for outdoor/indoor use

I've used 651, 751 and reflective with good long term results.

• Like 1

I bought a stack of these street sign blanks when they were on sale - http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-SS-BLNK0624-STREET-GR.html

They are available in a limited array of colors, but I've found it's cheap and easy to just vinyl the entire sign with whatever base color you want and then X-acto off the excess.   So far I've been covering them with either 651 or 751, depending on what I had on hand and what colors I needed.

I recommend drilling the mounting holes prior to installing the vinyl, that way you can cover up any scratches or imperfections.   If you're not going to cover the whole sign with vinyl, then put a piece of duct tape or heavy masking tape over where you plan to drill to protect the surface.

• Like 1