Sign in to follow this  
eyecandydesigns

Frustrated!

I've always been a loyal US Cutter customer bought my first cutter and everything I needed from them. Well some things happened in my life and I'm looking to start over have to buy a new cutter etc...In looking to purchase a new cutter from US Cutter I saw they are now charging for the stand?! What is that crap??! Also they don't carry the cutter I originally purchased which was the Pcut Creation so that was a lil disappointing as well..I'm really torn on what to do! I checked out another company Sign Warehouse and I can get a bundle from them with a heat press and vinyl, cutter, software etc for less than I can at US Cutter and get a heat press as well! I'm torn on what to do! Any suggestions?!

Don't know when you purchased before, but on their website, as long as I can remember (2008) they have always charged for the stand UNLESS you purchased it on their EBAY site, which most packages do include the stand.  But some cutters come with stands, they come as standard equipment like a Graphtec. 24" on up.  I don't know what your budget is, but  many people are very happy with the SC series, and here is a deal with a heat press.   I would stay away from the MH series cutters,   Yes Pcuts are gone...all vendors change their options, Maybe UScutter could not get them anymore.  They sure don't make them,  They buy from other vendors.  UScutter is only a distributor.   If your looking for package deals, check out their EBAY store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vinyl-Cutter-Heat-Press-Transfer-Bundle-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Tot-Value-1000-/281220302425?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417a094659

The only cheap cutters that I know that Signwarehouse sells is the REDSAIL, which would compare to the MH series here,  which I would stay away from,,  it is a big downgrade from the Pcut you had...   VinylExpress R series. people come on here quite often and try to get help to run them...Signwarehouse won't even help them..  And from  what I see on the ads on Signwarehouse  R series bundle,, the heat press is only 9" x 12"    The heat press with the bundle above is 15" x 15"   Try comparing apples to apples.

You could also check your local Craigslist ads, and see what is out there...

• Like 2

2 words for you  LIFETIME SUPPORT. That is not what you get at Signwarehouse and I know from recent personal experience with their tech support.

• Like 1

My first cutter was from Sign Warehouse and when I started experiencing problems with it cutting diagonal lines through the design I called customer support.  Had to wait for them to call me back.

Their support consisted of telling me that I bought a "hobby" level cutter and that I should spend more money and buy a professional level cutter.  So I did - from US Cutter - never looked back.

• Like 5

Although the SC was satisfactory and worked OK when I had one, my thoughts are to get beyond the SC and make the investment for the LPII, with stand and media catch-basket.

I am not a fan of bundle package deals, but it depends on what is included.

They've recently sold over 1000 units on ebay of their Laserpoint II 31" starter bundle (which has 5 squeegees) --  so they must be doing something right !

As for software, you might want to seriously consider going with Flexi instead of the hobbyist CraftEdge program that is supplied with USCUTTER units.

Pretty bad when a seller can only get $25.00 out of their Redsail  (same as VinylExpressR series from Signwarehouse)  You can't get rid of them...  You don't have to listen to us...Go to Google and do a search for Redsail vinyl cutter. Other vinyl forums will come up also.  And other  buyer's statements needing help.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/47303-r31-series-cutters/

And if you have the money, step up to a cutter with a servo motor...Much more accurate..quiet, and very smooth cutting.

I have also read that VE R series vinyl cutter ad over and over, and unless I am blind and someone can show me....I don't see where a warranty is listed for it....  I only see on their site for returns...  UScutter posts their warranties.

• Like 1

Bought my Titan 2 with a stand from uscutter package deal , my first cutter never used one before it was flawless setup and has worked great out of the box, i couldnt be more happyer they have always been great with their service , i just recently had a vinyl roll they sent me that someone cut with a tape gun when taping the roll , i told them they need to check their taper because its cutting into the vinyl , they sent me a whole roll of vinyl for replacement and i didnt even ask for it , top notch people worth anything extra you think you are paying

• Like 1