rcmike76

My cuts are off and I give up

First let me say Hello!

I am a first time user and I have been cutting vinyl successfully for near six months and then my troubles just started out of the blue and I dont know why.

Here is what I have:

Cutter: MH 1351 I purchased from USCutter.com

Vinyl: I have been using rolls of Orafol and Greenstar vinyl.

Cutter is connected via USB cord to the computer

Computer: HP Windows 8

Cutting Software: Sure Cuts Alot 3 Pro

Drivers: USCutter support made sure I had the lastest drivers installed last week whenI called them about this problem.

Overcut: 1.10mm

Blade Offset: .38mm

The tech could not figure out why it is not closing the loop on my cuts. It is not leaving a gap to close as much as the cut is getting offset by the time I get to the end of the cut. I have attached an image that might help explain the issue.

I am missing out on sales because of this. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

post-89368-0-35855800-1422420018_thumb.j

the vinyl is moving for some reason - several causes.  first pre feed and do not make the vinyl pull off the roll.  second, check your knurled rollers and make sure they are tight - there have been a few with the allen screw come lose allowing slop.  third - would be to search the forum on checking for belt tightness for the feed rollers.

other areas to check is to make sure all the carriage wheels are on the track or cracks in the carriage arm that holds the blade holder.

start with those and i am sure others will have more ideas

• Like 1

It could be a blade holder issue I had the same problem @ around the same time frame I noticed the contact area on the blade holder was worn down to the metal making a smooth cut impossible. I ordered a new holder and it started working fine. 

Didn't mean to send that....get a key span man. Saved my life.

...and listen to these guys they know their stuff.

what speed are you running?  i was cutting last night something with no detail and was playing around, turned the speed up and that is what happened.  soon as i turned the speed back down it cut perfect again.

UsCutter emailed me with my cutting problem and told me to lower the speed to 200 on my LP2. Cuts great now. What speed did you have it on when it cut perfect?