Sign in to follow this  
Mercer57

good deal so I upgrded to a LP2

cool -- working your way up the ladder like so many of us did - remember it is a manual contour - not auto detection but that is a lot more money - I think the titan3 is the cheapest with auto.

10-4 on the manual contour , thats not a big deal unless your a big order shop, I am just a minnow in the Ocean of cutting .I am hoping the lp2 will cut better with less issues than my mh871. 

• Like 1

I knew nothing coming in. About vinyl cutting and printing. If I had known what I know now. I would have got a contour cutting Machine.  

• Like 1

I knew nothing coming in. About vinyl cutting and printing. If I had known what I know now. I would have got a contour cutting Machine.

With Flexistarter 10 or 11 software, you can turn any cutter into a contour cutting machine.. It does not use a laser. The contour cutting feature is in the software, and uses the blade in the middle of the registration marks..not a laser. then records it in the software.

Even if you can find Flexistarter8.6 vs2 It will work.

• Like 2

I have flexi 10 pro, but I wasted a ton of vinyl trying to cut easy things on the mh871, I got an xtra 10% coupon from ebay making the cost of this package 565.98 including shipping, I had to jump on it.

Save up and in a year or two move up to the Titan 2 or 3 next , Waste goes way down even more

• Like 1

Yes, expensive software cannot make a value cutter cut any better than it was manufactured to do...But you can still use the Flexisignpro10  for contour cutting, rather than the laser on the LP11,  but you cannot use both together,, calibrations are different for offset.   I had to pound that in someones head,, with the old Laser Pointer 2....  PCUT with a laser.

I went the other way. I put my money on the Graphetc Cutter, and use cheaper Flexistarter8.6..  Great cuts....

• Like 1

I have a lp2 and it is world's above a mh. I still use the lp2 to contour cut 3G transfers.

• Like 1

I went from a MH721 to a 50" LP2 and like it now that I started using a Keyspan.  The memory on the cutter does not like multiple cut jobs like stensels for mug etching a 40 mug order or a 45" detailed image.  If going to be trying a large job, hook to a keyspan.