Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

blast from the past

was just thinking back a few years and wondered how many of you remember using krylon fusion plastic paint to make a 2 color fade on vinyl film before cutting.   anyone else remember some of the old tricks for different effects before printing came along?  heck a think a lot of boat numbers were done with the old krylon trick!

was just thinking back a few years and wondered how many of you remember using krylon fusion plastic paint to make a 2 color fade on vinyl film before cutting.   anyone else remember some of the old tricks for different effects before printing came along?  heck a think a lot of boat numbers were done with the old krylon trick!

Hmmm.. do tell the whole process I may have to try this out

just use a rattlecan of krylon fusion (made for plastics) paint to add a fade across your vinyl - let it dry and cut.  6-8 years ago it was a big fad - just remembered it tonight when i read krylon somewhere.  fusion is actually made to adhere to plastics - I use the white on my mailbox as rubbermaid quite making the biggest plastic mailbox in white,

just use a rattlecan of krylon fusion (made for plastics) paint to add a fade across your vinyl - let it dry and cut.  6-8 years ago it was a big fad - just remembered it tonight when i read krylon somewhere.  fusion is actually made to adhere to plastics - I use the white on my mailbox as rubbermaid quite making the biggest plastic mailbox in white,

I have used the fusion on car dash parts in the past. Will have to snag a can and try it out just for fun

• Like 1

I am sure the old timers have a lot more tricks - if there are any left around here anymore

I just did some a couple weeks ago. HOK, and airbrush. Printers are great, but still won't match an airbrush, and paint, for some things.

• Like 1