Sign in to follow this  
parabellum1130

wobbley lines

it didn't always do this but it seems that lately a lot of my lines that my sc is cutting have a slight wobble to them ...

especially letters like s or lower e ... also when trying to max space and have anything on a 45 deg angle ...

im kinda baffled , anyone else have this prob...

See if putting a few drops of light oil in the blade holder helps..The blade should spin freely...Also make sure the blade holder is free of any vinyl scraps. 

Also take a look at your cutting strip, make sure no deep gouges and scrapes in it.

• Like 1

blade spins freely in the holder

was few tiny spec on outside wall of blade canal...

could a dull blade cause this ....

I noticed the gram pressure is a 107 also but I usually run a touch higher than called for at 103...

not sure if that would matter 

Yes, a dull blade, will be tougher to go thru your vinyl..  A few drops of oil isn't going to hurt it any.  I don't own your cutter, so no clue on the force.  And make sure the tip is not broken off the blade.

any specific oil you recommend??...

blade dosent look broke but def worn ...

ill just have to switch it out , unfortunately out of 45s only have a 60 deg I believe that's the deg 

just noticed something on my silver vinyl didn't see in other colors I was working on

it seems like a shadow about 1/8 inch up for entire cut lines scratched into it ...

could only see it on an angle...

could blade holder itself be pressing against the vinyl as I cut ...

agree with skeeter. i will get this problem and will put a bit of dry graphite in the blade holder and all is well again (except for a bit of graphite on the next few cuts)