Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Regular printing times to keep heads clea

Epson 7610 here.

How often do you Epson users run a page to keep the heads clean?  So far I've been using it everyday but I see that not happening soon.  I was thinking every other day maybe?

What have you found works for you.  Also, what are you printing.  I don't want to print some full page ink hog to workout the heads...LOL

Thanks all

BTW, I use Mac  

Joe

I know several members use harvey head cleaner program for this from reading past post

I know several members use harvey head cleaner program for this from reading past post

I would love to use it but they don't have a MAC version yet....grrrrrr

sorry - I'm still trying to get rid of the old mac I got to play with - I'm just not mac friendly - I am ipad friendly but not mac so much lol

• Like 1

sorry - I'm still trying to get rid of the old mac I got to play with - I'm just not mac friendly - I am ipad friendly but not mac so much lol

Yea, I used to be a die hard windows guy.  Several years ago I got a Mac on a whim...Never looked back.  Now when I use windows I struggle  ...lol

• Like 1

I have had my Epson printer with cobra inks now for about 6 months didn't print at all for 2 months and everything is still clear and printing well.

I have been printing a small test print every three days on the pigment printer (which also get a decent amount of other use) and every other day on the dye-sub printer. Here is a png of the .docx file I print. So far it has been keeping the heads exercised without too much wasted ink. I had better luck with the automator grabbing a doc file and printing it than a picture. Reason is that the printer has regular paper and overtime it goes to print a pic it asks if you want to print on this type of paper which only works if you are there to say yes. So I made a word doc and have it grab it and print and it works perfectly as long as no one shuts the printer off. 

post-20133-0-30635400-1422750152_thumb.p

• Like 1