mazi

Cut10mil stencil with Graphtec CE-6000? Carrier for large designs?

Does anyone have experience using the Greenstar 7010 ssb with a Graphtec CE-6000? The Graphtec specs say max thickness of 10mil and the Greenstar just so happens to be 10 mil. Bad idea?

Also, this might be an obvious answer I am overlooking but what if you want to cut a stencil in a 23" x 23" area and the max carrier sheets I've seen are say 13" x 19" ?

Haven't ordered it yet but I am assuming I need a carrier sheet for the Greenstar 7010 ssb? Or not because it has a kraft backing adhered?

Thanks!!!

I haven't used that stuff but it sounds like it's on a carrier sheet, if so you won't need an additional carrier. The CE should cut it but you might be past the limits of the standard blade and need a 60deg to have 10 mil of knife edge though. 

• Like 1

you would want to use the cb15u holder and an appropriate blade for thick material like that

post-2742-0-59872800-1421902781_thumb.jp

• Like 3

you will need a new holder for that heavier blade- it has a red top if oem or get one of these holders.  I order blades from cleancut but the ones that come with the holder should work for a short time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-HQ-Blade-Holder-3x-Blades-Graphtec-CB15U-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-45-/331394999679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d28ae657f

Ended up getting the Graphtec CE6000 and have been using it for a few months now. Definitely a nice machine. I've only seen one other person post about the stencil board so figured I would try this thread again. I just bought the red top holder and a cleancut blade and tried cutting the Greenstar 7010 SSB tonight. It does have a backer so that worked out but I am nervous to keep pushing my pressure higher even though it seems to need it.

Right now the blade is out enough to cut the material by hand when i run the holder over it. The pressure is at 30 but seems to need a bit more. Is this a typical amount? The highest I have gone with the old blade on thinner material was 17 for carbon fiber or leather I think... Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Is using this much or more pressure to cut this stuff normal?

Do I keep bumping the pressure or increase blade depth and decrease pressure?

I have a roll of the Grecnstar sandblast resist which is pretty thick and have more consistent cuts when I make two passes rather than push all the way through in one shot. It's more of a pain to do the text cuts that way but I just make a small box similar to what my cutter normally does for a test and cut it in two passes until I get there. I wrote the number down inside the roll tube so I don;'t have to remember it next time. (I'm not running the Graphtec but Summa is similar)