Sign in to follow this  
lauren

Dragging Blade

My Refine cutter started to drag the blade recently ALL OVER the vinyl.  Where ever it would pick up, it is not dragging and making a scratch across everything I cut.  I noticed on the carriage that the blade is in, the little arm that is adjustable it cracked.  I am guessing this is the reason for the dragging.  Is there a place I can purchase just that piece to replace it and how easy / difficult would it be to replace?

On my old cutter, MH721, I broke my carriage arm at the worst possiable time.  If I was you, I'd order 2 just to keep one on hand.  It's easy to over tighten the thumb screw and cause it to crack.  Super glue will not work very well to fix either, too much pressure in the hinge area. Also, If the problem persists, May want to slow down the cut rate on the cutter and watch how it's lifting while cutting.  I had the little magnet in the carriage go bad after a year or so and caused it to cut through the image like the cutter was going nuts.  Would lift on power on but was slow to lift on command while cutting.  I replaced the carriage which is a little more complex unless you are good at soldering wires.  Good luck, Kris

On my old cutter, MH721, I broke my carriage arm at the worst possiable time.  If I was you, I'd order 2 just to keep one on hand.  It's easy to over tighten the thumb screw and cause it to crack.  Super glue will not work very well to fix either, too much pressure in the hinge area. Also, If the problem persists, May want to slow down the cut rate on the cutter and watch how it's lifting while cutting.  I had the little magnet in the carriage go bad after a year or so and caused it to cut through the image like the cutter was going nuts.  Would lift on power on but was slow to lift on command while cutting.  I replaced the carriage which is a little more complex unless you are good at soldering wires.  Good luck, Kris

Thank you Kris! I just ordered it so on my next order I will add another. Good advice.

• Like 1