Grimey

Frustrated. ... need advice.

So finished up these vehicle magnets today. First off I got all of the info straight from his website, did the design work for the magnets. Sent the design to him, he noted a change with the email so I changed that. Told him I'd start with it and he said ok. After I sent him a pic of the finished magnets his first response was, " The number is not correct. ". What would yall do in this situation?

So finished up these vehicle magnets today. First off I got all of the info straight from his website, did the design work for the magnets. Sent the design to him, he noted a change with the email so I changed that. Told him I'd start with it and he said ok. After I sent him a pic of the finished magnets his first response was, " The number is not correct. ". What would yall do in this situation?

Fix it and keep a customer.

Thats just me  :)

• Like 1

Actually if it is just the number remove that and cut only that out again..

You should be able to pull the number back up and re-do without too much difficulty. Did he send you the number incorrectly? I wouldn't beat him up too much if you want to keep him as a client because it's poor for business. I have had this happen and one of three times it was my fault the other two I made them feel like it was a communication error but had they checked they would see that they screwed up not me. 

I got the number from his site. DI'd the artwork and sent him the artwork he made a small change, I did that and then he approved it. It's on a white magnet with black. But i reverse weeded it so the text looks white. Just stripped it down and started over. He said he would buy 2 sets and I told him not to worry about it. No biggie. Was just frustrated at the time lol.

• Like 2

Every single one of my "Big" customers have told me that my customer service completely blows away the competition and that is a big part of why they keep coming back. One even turned a competitor away without even taking a look at his work or prices based solely on the fact that I always take care of him. We all do similar work. Vinyl is vinyl and shirts are shirts etc.. it's a service industry and it's good service that makes the difference.  

• Like 7

Even if it had been a print...yeah, do it over....

keeping a GOOD customer happy is still best.

As Goose noted SERVICE is the key to customer loyalty.

PLUS when you hand him the replacements at

no additional charge THAT will make a positive

impression  How much is good PR worth?

If you get your back up and charge him for another 

set....how many people do you think he will complain to?

Would I FORGIVE & FORGET?

No, I would REMEMBER in the future and maybe

add a few dollars here & there to his other jobs to cover this.

Just my 2 cents.....

Sue2

• Like 2

I'm with Sue. If he's prone to making these kinds of "Adjustments" then just add a little in from now on and forget about it. I have one guy that likes to pay with a card and in the old days I used to charge them the additional 3% to cover the card fee and it seemed to rub a few the wrong way so I just upped my bottom line the 3% and if they pay me with a check I get to pocket the extra. The best advertising comes by word of mouth from a satisfied customer. You can't buy it at any price, you have to earn it. 

• Like 3