Sign in to follow this  
George2014

Vinyl printing

All vinyl printers (i know) cost pretty big $$$$

but today i came across eBay listing that has "Epson Artisan Photo 1430 Printer+CISS+Eco-Solvent Ink"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Epson-Artisan-Photo-1430-Printer-CISS-Eco-Solvent-Ink-Vinyl-Banners-Bulk-Ink-/221656505940

I know size is not big but it will work for my purposes. And considering that it's only $500 i think i want it.

So question is - Is it real or someone trying to make quick $500 and i will be the one crying at the end when i end up printing with regular ink on vinyl :)

thanks.

POI it says it is eco sol inks -

but I find it hard to believe that the internals of a standard printer will take the sol ink without a lot of melting of parts - heck I sat a swab on my postal scale for a second and it melted the plastic

• Like 1

If you read the description for the listing it says "For certain vinyl, you need apply coating material first." - meaning you'll need aqueous printable vinyl - meaning it is NOT an eco-solvent printer.

• Like 1

I ask the seller if it was really eco-solvent, this is his reply, " This is desktop eco-solvent, not Roland eco-solvent. Thanks."

First auction listing is for a seller named "focusbinding" and his local pickup address is:

245 Eglinton Ave East
Toronto ON, M4P 3B7
South-East of Eglinton Ave. E. & Mt Pleasant Rd

Second auction listing is for a seller named "ebiz01" and his local pickup address is:

245 Eglinton Ave East
Toronto ON, M4P 3B7
South-East of Eglinton Ave. E. & Mt Pleasant Rd

They're selling the same thing with identical listings, same price, same shipping costs, etc. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "they're the same person/company"...

Knowing the area, they are Chinese.

Can also tell by the way it is written.

I have heard of the conversions to eco-sol, but at that price I would have my doubts it is real.

The part about some vinyl needs a coating and you get the printer, ciss, and the ink, but sounds like it is not ready to go sounds like "yup, you got it all. Don't put it together or you void the warranty." Is a bit much for me.

response I got doesn't make sense either

This is desktop eco-solvent ink, not solvent ink, prints on instant dry vinyl, for certain vinyl, needs apply coating material first. Thanks.

Sounds like they just don't know the difference between printers & ink types. Probably not being dishonest, but also shouldn't be selling stuff that they seem to know nothing about.