towman208

Sublimation

Ok I decided I wanted tostart doing sublimation. I am starting off with a workforce 30, got some paper from dye substore, anti-uv ink and ciss refillable tanks. so far i have just had time to do a little playing around. Did a license plate that turned out ok thought it would have been a little richer colors but not bad for the first time. Now here is the questions i've got, #1- i tried to do a ceramic tile and left it in 6 mins. did not hold a picture. It did just have a little black and thats it. So what did i do wrong? #2- i just for now have SignBlazer, and  Inkscape what other software should i look into getting. Thanks in advance.

#1 what is anti uv ink?  I assume you got real dye sub ink and not just dye ink?

where did you get your tiles - they have to be poly coated for sublimation

• Like 4

yeah its sub ink. i didn't know it needed a special coating on the tiles. there is the problem. thanks 

I use Photoshop and everything has to be 100% poly for best results and also you need to have a calibrated monitor or you will have color issues.

• Like 1

So, was your issue just the sub blanks? Any issue with printing directly from Inkscape for sub? Im getting the wk30 with sub and ciss. And wanted to be sure i can print directly from inkscape before i make the plunge into coreldraw or photoshop

So, was your issue just the sub blanks? Any issue with printing directly from Inkscape for sub? Im getting the wk30 with sub and ciss. And wanted to be sure i can print directly from inkscape before i make the plunge into coreldraw or photoshop

I don't have Inkscape installed, so I can't give a definite answer, but usually you control you color profile used for printing from within your printing software.  I don't know if Inkscape has that advanced of a Print dialog.  If not, you probably can't set/control your color profile and your colors will be off.

Anyone with Inkscape installed that can check?