gcextreme

New Jobs...

And, you get a free official USPS scale with stamps.com. Order your Priority boxes frem USPS. You can schedule a USPS pickup at your house, even if you live next door to the PO. I use regular printer paper for labels, but you have to tape them.

Ok great. May go with that stamps.com route.

Going to look into this further.

Just called my bud who is the manager at the new place, he said usps does come there.

So thats a plus. I should be able to weigh and print labels/stamps at home then bring there...

• Like 1

It's cost effective.

Here is breakdown.

1. You get discount when print label online.

2. You get tracking # and it's in a computer. So you can always find it. It helps with all dispute/problems or simply customer's service. When 3 days later they want to know if you ship package or not.

3. you do not stand in line at the post office. Time is money. And actually more than money cause i do not know how to earn time if i need it.

From my experience it matters how you present yourself and your business.

If you play it small and write mailing addresses with a sharpie you will be doing it for all your life.

Once you show yourself out there as big reputable company you will have a chance to become one (even if you one guy operation now).

Yep i know.

But my small town post office never really has a line..i think i may have waited for one other person once. Hell the small town only has a 198 population lol. Now the town in Alexandria its post office is always backed up

just got back from the viewing . . .  guess I am the only  one that prints postage thru paypal and doesn't pay the $192 a year for the privilege - its free if they pay with paypal?  for priority I use usps too,  guess if I was doing a lot of letters etc then I might go stamps.com but so far in 8 years don't need the expense - I guess about 4 times a year I actually use the stash of stamps I keep in my desk  - all with a pickup though.   
  like someone stated above most post offices have a drop slot for smaller stuff

• Like 1

I use paypal all the time like you I like free...

If I use UPS or Fed Ex I do the same print the labels from their site on line...

I usually send the phone cases in a padded envelopes,    then I put 3 ozs, they are actually less but same price so I go with 3oz and if I remember its $1.93 and that includes tracking...

There are many flat rate options also.  Problem most people want the item yesterday even though they wait forever to buy when they do they want it right away ...

• Like 2

Congrats on the new job. I use  quite a few of the FLAT RATE pre-paid USPS boxes.

Thanks.

How does the postage printing work with paypal?

Also im at officemax and they have these Dymo and Brother label makers that do postage too..anyone use them?

I have used Shippo. Goshippo.com. It's only 5 cent more per label with discounted usps rates and you can still ship first class. I use this for some of the regional rate boxes PayPal shipping doesn't support.

You can also look up the PayPal ship now link to print labels through PayPal with discounted rates. I use this the most often as its free minus the cost of labels and ink / toner. You can type the buyers address in and there isn't a monthly fee and you can still ship first class and priority. It's almost like a Blackfoot link as they don't advertise being able to ship to anyone usps when not selling through eBay.

• Like 1

Like what  Jarrotto said you can pretty much ship anything through PayPal if you have a account even if it was not purchased with Paypal. If you have a paypal account you can try this link

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

I have used it once before but since most of my online sales are through Ebay and Etsy I just use there built in shipping system

I am also using at least a 10 year old Zebra LP2844 thermal printer that I pieced together from 2 broken ones.  These can be picked up pretty cheap on ebay too.

My post office also has a bigger drop box inside that is open 24/7 that will take larger packages.  I usually stop at the post office on my way into work and drop all my shipments off it beats standing in line.