Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Making your own Sublimation Blanks

OK, I got my feet in the deep end of the pool now and I'm curious.

Has anyone ever made there own blanks?  I'm curious as what would be involved with doing it.  Maybe once in awhile ya want that off the wall thing you can't find a blank for.

I'd be curious if anyone knows whats used to make them.  I'm thinking some type of Polyester Spray would do it??

I have some serious HVLP Spray Equipment I use for custom kitchen cabinets and Laq.  hmmmmmmmmmm

Joe

Is my stuff here yet?:huh:?  lol

Yeah I tried that on line crap and never could get it to work good?  I think Scott (Dakota) tried the same thing with the same results.  Just buy the good stuff (blanks from Coastal or ACP) and pass the price on to the customer, you will be much happier and a lot less stress ;D

Notice I didn't say Conde !! :rolleyes:

The only person I know who has been happy with it was Mercer (spelling?) you might want to search his posts.

I never got around to trying it but for $25 + shipping you can have a big package of the stuff they sell to do it - it's all about getting it even from what I read and I dropped it before I started.  never opened any of them - was going to put white area on black granite and sublimate as it would really pop.  like too many times got too many irons in the fire

post-2742-0-43311300-1421455378_thumb.jp

Yeah mine (same thing) is somewhere I tried it on a tile (Failed)  Threw it somewhere in a drawer

If you want to dig the members name was mercer57 not mercer. Seemed like he had some success with the coating kits.

If you want to dig the members name was mercer57 not mercer. Seemed like he had some success with the coating kits.

Thanks

Good news..Spraying is king.  Getting poly to atomize correctly to adhere is most important.  I wonder if thats why people don't have luck...Brushing it in my opinion is futile

• Like 1

Good going Scott...make Joe an offer he can't refuse!

:lol: Just check and be sure that credit card isn't maxed out by now!

Sue2

• Like 3

Good going Scott...make Joe an offer he can't refuse!

:lol: Just check and be sure that credit card isn't maxed out by now!

Sue2

Credit card.....What Credit Card...LMAO

This is the same stuff I have been testing with the acrylic blanks, and the wood surfaces, etc. Spraying is the answer brushing on isn't I havent used a gravity feed sprayer bud a cheap Pneumatic from Freight and Harbor. Seems to work fine that way.

Is it waterbased? How well does it clean out of the gun?

It is waterbased and cleans up nicely with just water, they tell you not to use soaps or detergents when cleaning the gun.

I'm wondering , I have some stuff called Polycrylic......Can't really find any good info on it but I'm curious now.....

I was looking into that myself I had a can and decided naw this is has been tried and some had success and I have so I will just keep up buying the kit unless I need bigger bottles.