Sign in to follow this  
Kenla

Need your help in removing outer casing for carriage arm

Hi good day to all. I desperately need your help in sorting this one out. I was busy fine tuning my blade depth to cut some vinyl. Trying to get the blade to cut but just scrape the backing material. I spent a lot of time doing that & just when I was about to get there, the cutter a Lp24 carriage arm would no longer move downwards towards the vinyl to cut.

Thing it was doing the test cuts all along with no problem when suddenly it would go through the entire motion of cutting, only this time it would not cut whatever motion it just went through. I have searched this section for a possible solution & I am wondering whether there was a possible disconnection due to me over tightening the blade. I really do tighten that nut. The outer carriage casing appears to have loosen, do I need to remove the entire top of the machine to get to the carriage arm? Your advice would be greatly appreciated as I've got some vinyl to cut. Take care.

Hi, I have opened it. Your apparent silence to my cry / help forced me to think that probably my question on how to get the outer casing off the carriage arm may be rhetorical in nature. Hence I started thinking & exploring the outer casing. I gained access to the carriage arm & everything, on the face of it seems to be ok but the problem remains. The cutter goes through the motions only there is no cut upon completion of the motions. Thanks I will contact US Cutter. Have a great weekend.