Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Taking the plunge

Going to order a Epson WF7110 from CobraInks all set up and ready to go.  Seems to be the best price on the CIS system with the printer.  Getting the Sublimation inks as well.

I'm also gonna take a peek over at Conde to pick up a few things.  Any suggestions on items to start out with.

I'd like to do some shirts, Dog Tags, Lic plates.  Phone cases are big on my list and not sure what to start out with.  I read that for iPhones it's a good idea to stay away from the aluminum plates for the phone cases.  Just looking for some ideas on what papers for shirts mugs etc I start out with.

I figure to stock up on ink as well.  I can't imagine the 4oz that comes with the printer lasts very long with cleaning every other day or so.

I was thinking the Richo but after looking at those ink prices..nahhhh Plus the Epson gives me a larger format as well.

BTW, I blame you all for this purchase!!!!...LOL

Joe

• Like 1

get with mr300s on the phone cases he is the jedi master of those!.   you will accumulate a lot of blanks very fast as it is addicting

:huh:  Oh yeah....didn't I warn you, this place is full of enablers.

AND they are all experts at spending YOUR $$$.

But, it's soooooo fun.

Now, let's go look at that glass etching stuff...

you need a blasting cabinet for sure......

Sue2

• Like 3

Yep just started blasting this week. Enablers, every one of us.

• Like 2

Blasting??  This is about Sublimation.  You all trying to get me into something else??  Oh Wait, I have a blasting cabinet and have been blasting...LOL Yea, saw it here first!

or engraving...

or wraps....

or ..........................................

:rolleyes: 

• Like 1

You are all bad :ph34r: :ph34r:

You will be fine with the aluminum plates ...

Give Richard my name and he will take 10% off of whatever you buy...

• Like 2

How about transfer paper for shirts?  is it even callers transfer paper?  The stuff I print on then use on a shirt Anything special, better than others etc?

And, I know I'll regret asking this,....do you mirror everything?  Gonna be a long wait for the printer...Wed next week...aghhhhhhhhhh  Hmmm, what to do till then

I figure to stock up on ink as well.  I can't imagine the 4oz that comes with the printer lasts very long with cleaning every other day or so.

4 oz of ink (I'm assuming per color?) will last you longer than you think.  Talk to the sales people at Cobra Ink and they'll help make sure you order the right amount.  Sublimation ink (at least according to them) has a shorter shelf life than other inks and so you don't want to buy more than you'll be able to use before it goes bad.  I was going to order more and they talked me out of it...

• Like 1

And, I know I'll regret asking this,....do you mirror everything?  Gonna be a long wait for the printer...Wed next week...aghhhhhhhhhh  Hmmm, what to do till then

Take a look at that engraving stuff...

or wrapping...

or............................................

Take a look at that engraving stuff...

or wrapping...

or............................................

Yea

Is Sue2 an instigator!!...LOL  I love it.    >:D

:lol:  Instigator.....nah, just trying to help you spend your $$$....

MIRROR.......................................

Now, thinking about it....mirror everything except regular vinyl,

business cards and wide format full color printing.

Sue2

• Like 1

:lol:  Instigator.....nah, just trying to help you spend your $$$....

MIRROR.......................................

Now, thinking about it....mirror everything except regular vinyl,

business cards and wide format full color printing.

Sue2

Thanks a million.  If I don't get off Conde sight I will be broke in no time......Crystal Sublimation...OMG

• Like 1

Yea it's `addictive. I bought the carts for a printer I grabbed on holiday sale and added a set of 2oz bottles so your 4's will be plenty to keep you rolling. I don't do a huge amount of regular printing but only go through a 2oz bottle set for the pigment printer about every 8-10 months. Richard has paper there as well at Cobra. 

• Like 1

Yea it's `addictive. I bought the carts for a printer I grabbed on holiday sale and added a set of 2oz bottles so your 4's will be plenty to keep you rolling. I don't do a huge amount of regular printing but only go through a 2oz bottle set for the pigment printer about every 8-10 months. Richard has paper there as well at Cobra. 

I was looking local for the printer but honestly, having cobra set it up ahead of time seems to be the best bet.

• Like 2

You are all bad :ph34r: :ph34r:

You will be fine with the aluminum plates ...

Give Richard my name and he will take 10% off of whatever you buy...

i sure wished i had read about the possible 10% before i ordered Monday. :( I just ordered my ink and license plates and mouse pads. But he did suggest the refillables as opposed to the CISS since i am just starting and don't know if i will use enough to keep from drying out. I am so ready to play with it. 

• Like 1

Didn't order yet...Maybe glad I did.  Did I see you can just do Carts and not the CIS system.  Yea, I don't want to get more than I need and start drying things out.  I wonder if that would help me keep cost down.

If you are thinking tanks then definitely recommend letting them set it up. The carts work fine so far. I am running a set in two different epsons. You have to fill them pretty often which spells more work and mess but they work great too so either way you will be fine. 

If you are thinking tanks then definitely recommend letting them set it up. The carts work fine so far. I am running a set in two different epsons. You have to fill them pretty often which spells more work and mess but they work great too so either way you will be fine. 

Yea, going wight he carts.  I think for getting started its the best bet.  I don't need a big ole tank "yet" with ink to go to waste.

• Like 1

I would love to get into Sublimation but the ink is so expensive.

A lot cheaper if you set up an Epson instead of a Ricoh

• Like 1

Well for a bit less than 400 I got the printer...Inks...Some Sublimation paper (s) and a few goodies to get started.  Had I gone the Richo route,,...Never would of happened for that price

Well for a bit less than 400 I got the printer...Inks...Some Sublimation paper (s) and a few goodies to get started.  Had I gone the Richo route,,...Never would of happened for that price

if either one of us got in on the conde black Friday deal it would have - I would have had a spare ricoh but their site couldn't handle the traffic until long after I gave up - those that stayed up till 4am got a deal

• Like 2