63petro63

Not cutting corners/occasional poor cutting performance

I bought the SC USCutter model a couple months ago and am starting to use it more.  Upon using it more, I have noticed that it will "half-ass" (for lack of a better term) certain cuts and is also inconsistent on cuts.  I've attachched 3 pictures.  The black vinyl picture speaks for itself, the one white one has a straight box that has a nick on it.  What's interesting is it looks all fine in SCAP.  The black cut will always come out like that no matter what, the other corners are fine, but that one corner always comes out like that.  The other two pictures with the nicks and inconsistent corner cuts differ between cut.  Suppose I cut the same identical design 5 times on one cut file, 2 of them usually come out with these inconsistencies or nicks.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, it doesn't look like software but machine related.  I have also had many other instances of these "hiccups" while cutting designs.  I would hate to have to go buy another, non uscutter machine to resolve these inconsistencies.

Thanks,

Ryan

post-90656-0-34360200-1420919601_thumb.j

post-90656-0-14297700-1420919613_thumb.j

post-90656-0-01190600-1420919630_thumb.j

Does anyone with an sc or any other cutter that had this problem read this?? Even uscuuter??  Hello we need help here??

uscutter seldom stops in on the user forum  - this is usually caused by the vinyl slipping - either due to making the plotter pull the vinyl off the roll (not unrolling it by hand first) , another common thing we see is people playing with the pressure adjustment of the rollers to reduce the marks on vinyl that is normal - so the plotter doesn't have enough grip on the vinyl,  in less occurrences loose set screws on the grit rollers or poor best tension under the side cover.   if you are having a problem and need quick help please call the support line as it can be quicker and less frustrating than a user forum monitored by volunteers

• Like 1

Does anyone with an sc or any other cutter that had this problem read this?? Even uscuuter??  Hello we need help here??

contact tech support,   they are waiting to help you.....This is a user forum...Techs rarely come here

• Like 2

This problem is due to backlash in the machine. Cutters with stepper motors will have the largest error.

I've had 4 cutters with stepper motors and never had an issue like that so I question the reasoning behind backlash? Also have 2 servo machines so I have a reference point for comparison.

if its not backlash can you explain why a cutter will start at one point and end at at a different point. I own 2 mh series cutters and an old roland pc60 both mh series have the same problem the pc60 work fine. This problem has been around for many years, using different software (signblazer,  signgo, and many more). No one is looking at the real problem which I believe is backlash.

Loose parts, belts, etc. As far as mh I don't consider them of the quality to even discuss and yes I had one for about 2 weeks while waiting on replacement parts for my old laserpoint. Poor production tolerances are usually correctable in house with adjustment but I will admit some machine are built farther from the ideal than others if this is what you are calling backlash but I think it has nothing to do with the use of a stepper motor and many on here have shown work at a size that conventional thinking says can't be done with a stepper motor but they are doing it because they have fine tuned their equipment. To avoid all that I agree that servos are just plain better out of the box but a stepper can do amazing work in the right hands.